Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Mar 1, 2024 at 1:15 AM Post #721 of 797
Guys, I'm learning about the DMP-6 and DMP-8 and trying to see if it's an option for my set up and if I'd be using it optimally. I currently have all my music on my laptop (ripped CDs on Apple Music as lossless ALAC and high-res FLAC files are run on my Colibri app). I stream Spotify (and could subscribe to Quobuz or Tidal, possibly. Undecided). Also undecided if I should use Roon. Sounds cool, but don't know that I'd use all it has to offer.

I'm thinking the DMP-6 would be a stand-alone solution where all my music and streaming could reside, taking the burden off my laptop? I have no need for listening in other rooms or other locations. My DAC and EQ duties are handled by my RME ADI-2 DAC FS.

Given my current set up, is the DMP-6 a match or superfluous/unnecessary?
I have the basic DMP-A6 and RME ADI-2. The difference to playing from an iMac with Audirvana is big. PEQ in Eversolo is better and easier than in RME.

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #725 of 797
Transparency, rendering of space, separation of instruments. Eversolo is more user friendly
Nice! Does it have multiple EQ slots for saving presets like the RME does? I’m impressed if it can match or exceed the RME.

Mar 1, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #727 of 797
Thank you guys- you've been really helpful in guiding my purchase decision. There are very few reasons NOT to buy this unit. I'll download the user manual and see if I can research my other questions.

While I enjoy having my laptop as the central brains of my music, I know it's not optimal because of reasons already discussed (memory, processing, possible jitter, etc.). I believe that with the A6/A8 (whatever I decide), I can listen to my files via SSD and stream. I'm concluding it will stream Spotify until I choose between other streaming options?

I suppose that when I'm browsing for music on-line with BandCamp, YouTube, etc, I could also have my laptop hooked up via USB and listen to those sites. The rest can reside right in the A6.

The A6 seems to be a bit lower in price these days, since the launch of the A6 Master and A8. Decisions!

Mar 1, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #735 of 797
Guys- If I connect my blu-ray player (for blu-ray audio only, not movies), will the A6 show me a listing of tracks on the screen? I'd like to not require a tv/monitor, if possible, for blu-ray audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back