Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Jan 17, 2024 at 2:52 AM Post #631 of 819
I guess this answers it once and for all:

image_123650291.JPG

Jan 17, 2024 at 3:04 AM Post #632 of 819
I guess this answers it once and for all:

then it is weird it still sounded different. And I mean digital. I neither of them used as analogue, only digital.

Because if they should sound digital the same, which they don’t at least not the A8 and A6, the one’s I tested (I was not the only one noticing the difference)

Than there is a factory quality differences between units. That is the only conclusion I can make, if eversolo says it

Seems he noticed it to, and as a streamer only I mean.

This starts to get weird

If I can't get this cleared up I will sell my A8 somewhere this week, and buy a Hifi Rose 130. Because eversolo telling they are digital the same, while testing don't sound. Is reason for me enough to be done with the brand.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #635 of 819
The manufacturer says that digitally they are the same, but some people here still notice a difference hahaha
If the manufacturer is saying that, who am I to say that there are differences?
They could say: no, buy the a8, it's a much better transport (digital)...
I didn't tested the A8, but I'm still convicted that only as transport doesn't worth to go with A8...

Jan 17, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #636 of 819
It is necessary to send the signal directly to the DAC, for example, to Iggy schiit.Then compare it.
I compared all of them at the same time, digital connected through a Chord TT2+Mscaler, and everytime the A8 sounded better. same cabling, same amp etc... at he shop.

And if eversolo says, there is no difference, than there is a difference in quality/production, because that can be the only reason it sounds different

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #640 of 819
I compared all of them at the same time, digital connected through a Chord TT2+Mscaler, and everytime the A8 sounded better. same cabling, same amp etc... at he shop.

And if eversolo says, there is no difference, than there is a difference in quality/production, because that can be the only reason it sounds different

Was it a blinded test? If not, your brain can be tricking on you... your brain suggests thta A8 is better... it's scientific.

For me blind tests are great, but I would suggest you to test like this: best way would be a6 plugged on a DAC, A8 plugged on another DAC same brand and model as A6, and bouth plugged in the integrated amplifier.
I use Roon, and it manage the same music to 2 endpoints, you send the same song at the same time and just change the source on your integrated, with the music playing, it's the best way to compare, because you don't need to trust your auditory memory, and it's easy to hear the differences just changing the source on the integrated amplifier, it's instantly, in real time.

Jan 17, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #643 of 819
Was it a blinded test? If not, your brain can be tricking on you... your brain suggests thta A8 is better... it's scientific.

For me blind tests are great, but I would suggest you to test like this: best way would be a6 plugged on a DAC, A8 plugged on another DAC same brand and model as A6, and bouth plugged in the integrated amplifier.
I use Roon, and it manage the same music to 2 endpoints, you send the same song at the same time and just change the source on your integrated, with the music playing, it's the best way to compare, because you don't need to trust your auditory memory, and it's easy to hear the differences just changing the source on the integrated amplifier, it's instantly, in real time.
yep did it blind test, I was actually annoyed (because I don't need the preamp, don't need the dac etc....). They were both connected to the same dac tt2 (BNC1-RCA A8 and BNC2-RCA A6).
(Skipped the mscaler temporary out of the line for that test, to free op both BNC's)

My wife did the switching, because I thought I was going crazy, but out of 10 time switching, everytime I picked out the A8 as better sounding transport.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #644 of 819
Now I almost regret having spent additional 400€ for the Master Edition!

But anyway, I did not hear any difference between the two even prior to Eversolo's e-mail.

I think I'm going to return the A8 while I'm still within the terms for reimbursement.

Jan 17, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #645 of 819
the tt2+mscaler, for me is the most natural sounding dac I have ever heared, smoothness of a r2r and high detailled at the same time. I had the Qutest, but tt2 (even without the mscaler) way waaaayyyyy outperform it.
I tend to agree but will be fair (to me) to mention that there is still another good option - iFi iDSD Pro. Like a stand alone solution that may upsample, and with the versatility of filters and tubes it is very good for many different scenarios. I am using both, TT2 and iFi iDSD, for headphones and speakers and still cannot decide which is better. iFi IDSD gives me bigger versatility when swapping headphones and when I want to upsample (I do not have the Mscaler :rolling_eyes: ), also smoothness is remarkable; while TT2 is unbeaten (to me) for neutrality, detail, air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back