Ever sold an expensive phone because you prefered a cheaper one?
Mar 7, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 69
I break phones so after a few expensive ones I just go for the cheap ones. Most phones are to fragile for me. After a few fell out of my pocket on to pavement I get cheap phones. My phone has big numbers. That is the only feature I was looking for, to dial without squinting.

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #6 of 69
so you're gonna sell your k701's because you like the ad700 more. it's expected, considering your k701 experience consists of:

macbook -> k701
or
macbook -> $50 behringer mixer -> k701

bigsmile_face.gif

seriously, there's nothing wrong with selling them since you're unwilling to buy components to drive the k701's better. there's nothing to be ashamed of. if you want to keep your setup simpler and cheaper, more power to you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #8 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have owned just about every headphone and still greatly prefer my HD600s to anything else and my KSC35s for portable use.

Yeah, I think I'm more comfortable with having one phone per task than having several. I have backup EP630s because they break after a few months, but I use the same pair until it breaks when I'm on the go. Indoors, I don't really need a backup, and I like the focus of using one phone.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #9 of 69
Lucky, you are not alone. I've read a few posts of other people with headphones in the same price range as the K701 as they concluded, the AD700 does everything they want for their music, no reason for them to keep the others, as they didn't listen to em much.

I won't find the posts, but they exist. But no I have not and will not sell my AD900s for a cheaper can, as I still have yet to find a cheaper can that can exceed AD900s for my listening pleasure, not by a long shot, not even the AD700.

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #10 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lucky, you are not alone. I've read a few posts of other people with headphones in the same price range as the K701 as they concluded, the AD700 does everything they want for their music, no reason for them to keep the others, as they didn't listen to em much.

I won't find the posts, but they exist. But no I have not and will not sell my AD900s for a cheaper can, as I still have yet to find a cheaper can that can exceed AD900s for my listening pleasure, not by a long shot, not even the AD700.

Yup, I think I'll stop trying to think of reasons to keep the K701, and just stick with the AD700. I'd be curious to hear the AD900 some day, but am no longer expecting much of a difference. I think pretty much all the phones we discuss here are great; it just comes down to what you prefer.

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #11 of 69
Yep, same sentiment. A lot of my attachment to the AD900s have developed after 3 years of listening to them, so at this point, nothing below AD900 interest me
smily_headphones1.gif
But now that I upgraded my setup, decided to get me a pair of HD650s, to complement the AD900s, not an upgrade, but another choice. Which will likely lead to the Audiotailor Jade tube amp in the future, lawl.

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #13 of 69
bah, you guys really are going to make me buy a pair of AD700's, aren't you?

Mar 7, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #14 of 69
I'm seriously considering to sell my A900 after taking a listen to much cheaper cans (RX700/900). One important thing audio taught me is that price brackets are really not a definitive measure of SQ. Not at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back