EU seeks to make 'cranking it to 11' on DAPs nearly impossible
Oct 3, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #61 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think ur misunderstanding. I dont adjust the gouvernment.

rolleyes.gif
The ipod.

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #62 of 72
picard-facepalm.jpg

Oct 4, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #63 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by astroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A more effective measure would have been to show the voume level in DB on the players.

And then have idiots putting on YouTube short films with themselves listening at 150 dB... you know, like the short films with driving sessions at 300 km/h.

Oct 4, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #64 of 72
Haha, yeah.

Like the car hi-fi video where the girl's eye pops out. Crazy people!

Oct 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #65 of 72
Okay, this is damn ridiculous.

If it´s easily overdriven anyway, absolutely no use for it.

And xnor calling it education? It´s called LIMITATION. If I advice you to not do something, it´s different from making it impossible for you to do that something.

I wouldn´t want one in my player. Higher power makes it possible to use small passive speakers for example (those small ones designed for portables), or more power-consuming headphones. If I ruin my hearing gradually, I´m the only one to blame, not the ones who didn´t stop me from doing so. And, with the non-limited player, I can always crank it up so I can still hear the music! xD No, don´t take that previous sentence too seriously however.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #66 of 72
@TheOtus:

[ ] You know what you're talking about.

[X] You're not able to read an article, making wrong assumptions due to that, have no clue what you're talking about, calling something dmn ridiculous while making yourself a laughing stock
wink.gif
and so on and on ...

Guess why the other guys stopped replying? Cause it was getting embarrassing! :p

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #67 of 72
In my opinion it is a simple fact that people should be able to choose to listen to their music at whatever volume they wish. For me that's the flat out bottom line.

The good thing about that is that it is removable. At the end of the day though people will listen to a tune at whatever volume they want - I suppose it's like some kind of recommended limit.

I don't envisage it really being a big issue though.

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #69 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Xnor

You do realize that different headphones/earphones have different power requirements, do you? That what is too loud for a UM2 might be too soft for a HFI-780, do you?

Yes, but the average earbuds generally have similar impedance/sensitivity ratings. The regulation is aimed at that vast majority of people who use the stock earbuds.

For the 1% of us who use better headphones with different requirements, we can bypass the limitation.

Sounds like a very reasonable regulation to me.

Oct 9, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #70 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00940 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the 1% of us who use better headphones with different requirements, we can bypass the limitation.

Sounds like a very reasonable regulation to me.

That is assuming that it will be convenient to bypass. The implementation could be such that the actions to bypass the volume limit could be quite inconvenient.

Oct 9, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #71 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see why it's bad to protect people from their own stupidity.

Its bad because it doesnt promote personal responsibility. It makes people lazy and stupid because they rely on their government for everything. Unfortunately my own country Australia is becoming like Western Europe where people are so doped out they dont even realise how much freedom they have lost by saying `its for our own good`. Australia used to be a country where a law abiding citizen could own a semi automatic rifle, not anymore, only gangsters have guns here now. Also the Government has plans to put a national firewall on internet here to block `immoral and illegal content`. The proposed block list was leaked and it included many legit **** sites with girls over 18 but who could have conceivably been younger because they looked young. It was horrifying online to see how many Australians wrote comments to this story similar to yours above.

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #72 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@TheOtus:

[ ] You know what you're talking about.

[X] You're not able to read an article, making wrong assumptions due to that, have no clue what you're talking about, calling something dmn ridiculous while making yourself a laughing stock
wink.gif
and so on and on ...

Guess why the other guys stopped replying? Cause it was getting embarrassing! :p

Indeed... It is embarrassing, but it´s not my fault that you´re like that.
biggrin.gif

Trust me, I know what I´m talking about and put a thought in my post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back