Etymotic MC5?
Jul 21, 2010 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TheRH

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello,

I was looking on headphone.com and saw that Etymotic MC5's. Has anyone tried these? If so what do you think about them?

Thanks,
RH

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #2 of 7
Try search, there are several threads about them

Jul 22, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 7
Hmm. a good review. Any idea how they would compare to Klipsch S4's? I am debating on getting something simular in price ($80). I need to IEM's for wroking out and the Nu Force Ne-6's are just not comfortable or stay in during working out.

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 7
^ I'm curious about the comparison as well, as I'm currently testing the S4i with a 3rd gen Shuffle for the gym.  My first impression is that what might be a bit too much lower end coloration while at home is the preferred signature for the gym. 

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Hmm. a good review. Any idea how they would compare to Klipsch S4's? I am debating on getting something simular in price ($80). I need to IEM's for wroking out and the Nu Force Ne-6's are just not comfortable or stay in during working out.

I'm after exactly the same thing!

What are the microphonics like with these?

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:

The S4 is not a small phone, and depending on how tight a fit you get, you may have trouble with it moving around during active work out.

I don't have the MC5, but one thing about all the Ety's is combining their small size and their deep insertion with the tri-flange, they are not going to work themselves loose -- and they give you a near complete sound seal, which may be good at the gym if you are wanting to drown out any piped-in music, TVs, noise, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back