Etymotic MC3/HF3 release date?
Jun 17, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #47 of 76

Quote:
MC5 is rated 85% accurate by Ety, same as HF5 (which says a lot). While manufacturer rating usually should not to be taken seriously, Ety does employ a more scientific and consistent calculation for their rating system. It will be interesting to see how MC5 compared with HF5.

I agree @ ClieOS. I thought the HF5 was fantastic except for lack of bass impact. Actually, you could hear the bass, it just didn't have any good impact....

Jun 18, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #49 of 76
Quote:
Anyone have any info on the release dates for the Etymotic MC3/HF3? Just very strange that Etymotic never even narrowed it down to a specific month (especially for the HF3, I mean c'mon, it's only adding two buttons to the remote). Last I read on some forum posts, it was maybe April. I emailed Etymotic and haven't gotten a response. I did see an ad for the MC3 in an April issue of some Apple product magazine.

[size=x-small]Hello;[/size] 
[size=x-small]Thank you for inquiry.[/size] 
[size=x-small]I'm sorry but I do not have an exact date for you.  We expect sometime in July/August.[/size] 
[size=x-small]We will have them listed on our website once we have available stock.[/size] 
[size=x-small]I am happy to notify you when we have them available.[/size] 
[size=x-small]Best Regards,
Patsy Coleman
Customer Service
Etymotic Research, Inc.
61 Martin Lane
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Email:  customer-service@etymotic.com
Toll free:  888-389-6684
Main:  847-228-0006
Fax: 847-228-6836
www.etymotic.com
[/size]

Jun 18, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #50 of 76
The ironic thing is for $79 I am not too tempted thinking how good could it possible sound?  Like I think I would be more tempted and excited if it was priced at $200.  Strange....

If it's the Best Under $100 I guess they will have achieved their goal.

Look forward to impressions and comparisons to HF5.

Jun 18, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #52 of 76
Quote:
... Like I think I would be more tempted and excited if it was priced at $200.  Strange....

Many years of isolation in Head-fi supermax can twist a person mind
biggrin.gif
Now get back to you #535 cell already!

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #53 of 76

Quote:
im sure they are an interesting product but really how long to launch these, has it not been about a year?

pretty mind

yep I've more or less lost interest in them taking their sweet sweet time releasing it

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #56 of 76
I wonder if this means that Edge Acoustics one I found a while ago will be launched now.

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #57 of 76

Quote:
[size=x-small]Hello;[/size] 
[size=x-small]Thank you for inquiry.[/size] 
[size=x-small]I'm sorry but I do not have an exact date for you.  We expect sometime in July/August.[/size] 
[size=x-small]We will have them listed on our website once we have available stock.[/size] 
[size=x-small]I am happy to notify you when we have them available.[/size] 
[size=x-small]Best Regards,
Patsy Coleman
Customer Service
Etymotic Research, Inc.
61 Martin Lane
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Email:  customer-service@etymotic.com
Toll free:  888-389-6684
Main:  847-228-0006
Fax: 847-228-6836
www.etymotic.com
[/size]

So what are we saying?  They just announced it on their website and are taking orders but it is still not available?

Jun 19, 2010 at 9:12 AM Post #58 of 76
They are only taking order for MC5, not the MC3 and HF3 in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back