Etymotic EVO: World Tour
Jun 8, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #61 of 232
I have now updated post #2 of this thread to become the "Tour Tracker".
I will update it every time a unit reaches the next reviewer, and when the impressions / review are posted.
Etymotic received from me the shipping info for the 1st person in each tour, so now the ball is in their court :) I will provide tracking #s by PM once I get it from Etymotic.

Couple extra "housekeeping" notes:
  • I asked Etymotic to declare them as demo/samples or very low value, so reviewer in the Asia / EU tours will not need to pay custom/import fees.
  • I am asking each of you: when sending the EVO to the next person - if it is international, please do the same!
  • Reminder that when shipping to the next person - you do not need to pay extra for insurance, but please ship with tracked service.
  • According to my contact @ Etymotic, these units will ship just like mine - without the retail box since it was not ready/available at the time the demo units were allocated.
  • That means for this tour we cannot get the "real" unboxing experience. It was either that or delay the tour by several weeks...
  • Etymotic was kind enough to include several extra tips with each demo unit. Please only use what you need, and ship the rest of the tips down the line to the next person. That would allow for everyone to use new untouched eartips :)
I will keep updating as we go! Good times!!!
Thanks!. I am dying with anticipation here hahahaha

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #62 of 232
Didn't realise that there's a world tour for the Evo going on. I'd love to join in... unless a public demo would be in Singapore earlier than that, in which case let someone else in instead.
  • Location (City & Country): Singapore
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review: iFi Micro iDSD Black Label, Topping A90, Motu M2, various dongles
  • Link to your other reviews: crinacle.com
  • List other Etymotic products you reviewed or owned: Entire lineup (excluding ER6)

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #63 of 232
Didn't realise that there's a world tour for the Evo going on. I'd love to join in... unless a public demo would be in Singapore earlier than that, in which case let someone else in instead.
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review: iFi Micro iDSD Black Label, Topping A90, Motu M2, various dongles
  • List other Etymotic products you reviewed or owned: Entire lineup (excluding ER6)
:popcorn:

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #64 of 232
I am sorry you missed the tour.
I will see if we can get couple additional demo units and create a 2nd smaller tour. Keep an eye on the thread - I will announce here if anything can be done.

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #65 of 232
As much as I like and have used your reviews and graphs to get into the Ety-motion, I think you missed the boat here; you are in good company though.

Why not get a personal unit? It would seem you might like this over the InEar Prophile-8 (excuse the mispelling :p), which you claimed to be the multi-BA Ety-dream :) In all cases I am curious what you think of it as well; keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #66 of 232
Australia was lumped with Asia for the tour. Not everyone was chosen unfortunately.
If we get a few more aussies - I can pitch an Australia Tour to Etymotic once they allocate more units for samples / tours :) (obviously, I cannot make promises...)
Aussie here! I’m more than happy to join the Au tour if there’s one!

Jun 9, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #67 of 232
  • That means for this tour we cannot get the "real" unboxing experience. It was either that or delay the tour by several weeks...
  • Etymotic was kind enough to include several extra tips with each demo unit. Please only use what you need, and ship the rest of the tips down the line to the next person. That would allow for everyone to use new untouched eartips :)
That's a good thing, IMO. Unboxing is the least interesting part in every review and a original box just causes trouble when it has to go through customs :)

Jun 10, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #68 of 232
Quick update:
All 4 tour units are on their way. In fact, the 2 reviewers from the US should receive them before the weekend!! :)
(tracking #s provided to all 4 by PMs)

Since we're on a roll with good news, here is another piece of good news. 1 additional EVO will be allocated by Etymotic for 1 last tour (for now). I estimate it will be shipped in 2 weeks. This one will be slightly different... Here is what I have in mind:
1st on this tour will be @crinacle who will provide his measurements as he always does for IEMs. I know many here are anxious to see his measurements!
For the rest of the tour, I would love to do a New Zealand & Australia tour so please kiwis & aussies - sign up and provide:
* Your location (not full address yet... :wink:)
* Source to be used for the impressions/review
* Previous Etymotic experience/products you own or used to
* Link to previous reviews/impression

One last thing on this 5th tour, and I know it is a long shot... How about some women for diversity? I know this community is (unfortunately) mostly male, but if there are any women from NZ and Australia - please mention that when you sign up! Would be really awesome to get your voice heard.

Jun 10, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #69 of 232
And so, the very first unit of EVO to land in Asia Pacific region. Scheduled to arrive on the 16th!

Etymotic ASIA EVO.jpg

Jun 10, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #70 of 232
Quick update:
All 4 tour units are on their way. In fact, the 2 reviewers from the US should receive them before the weekend!! :)
(tracking #s provided to all 4 by PMs)

Since we're on a roll with good news, here is another piece of good news. 1 additional EVO will be allocated by Etymotic for 1 last tour (for now). I estimate it will be shipped in 2 weeks. This one will be slightly different... Here is what I have in mind:
1st on this tour will be @crinacle who will provide his measurements as he always does for IEMs. I know many here are anxious to see his measurements!
For the rest of the tour, I would love to do a New Zealand & Australia tour so please kiwis & aussies - sign up and provide:
* Your location (not full address yet... :wink:)
* Source to be used for the impressions/review
* Previous Etymotic experience/products you own or used to
* Link to previous reviews/impression

One last thing on this 5th tour, and I know it is a long shot... How about some women for diversity? I know this community is (unfortunately) mostly male, but if there are any women from NZ and Australia - please mention that when you sign up! Would be really awesome to get your voice heard.
I'll book a flight to Australia tonight, and have a sex change there :p
Thanks for all the work!

Jun 10, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #71 of 232
I'll book a flight to Australia tonight, and have a sex change there :p
I suspect that buying EVO at full price is still a little cheaper (and less painful)... :wink:

Jun 12, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #74 of 232
Happy to go as the lead for Australasia if other headfiers from Aus/NZ join in.

Nothings for Australia it seems.
Since I announced the 5th tour unit to be focused on New Zealand and Australia - I saw ZERO new registrations.
@gikigill - you wrote you would be happy to lead a tour in Aus/NZ. Now is your chance to gather a bunch (and have them register) :wink:

Jun 12, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #75 of 232
North America tour unit #2 arrived today.
Awesome! Enjoy it thoroughly. I have patience and don't want you to feel like you're being rushed on my account. Getting my ears back in Ety mode anyway with long listening sessions on the ER4XR, swapping between the Etymotion cable, A&K SR25, Cayin N5iiS, and a couple E1DA DAC/amps. Crazy how well that pair scales with the source, by the way. Interested to see how the EVO fairs to similar treatment (minus the BT arrangement as I have no MMCX/IPX adapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back