Etymotic EVO: World Tour
Jun 3, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #31 of 232
Count me in! I'm itching to know what Ety can do with 3 drivers as they are famous for the turning of ER4 series.

Audio Source: Hugo 2, LG V50, Galaxy S10+

I've owned/listened to ER4P, ER4XR, ER2SE. I've not written much formal reviews, but mainly post impressions. I always provide impressions/reviews for units tried on tours.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #32 of 232
Been keeping an eye on this launch, so very interested to join the tour!

• Location (City & Country): Vancouver, Canada
  • Source gear you intend to use for the review: PC (Xonar DG sound card), iPhone X w/ Apple Dongle
  • Link to your other reviews: Haven't written any reviews, but can provide a comparison to other gear I've owned (64 Audio U12t, Ety ER2XR, etc.) in this review
  • List other Etymotic products you reviewed or owned: ER2XR (currently own), ER3SE (previously owned)

Jun 6, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #33 of 232
I would love to be part of the EVO Tour.

Location (City & Country)
Mumbai, India.

Source gear you intend to use for the review
Sony A105 | Samsung Note 10+ | Laptop > RME ADI-2 DAC FS | ifi Nano BL | FiiO A5 | Shanling UP4 | (a variety of dongles)

Link to your other reviews
I don't write reviews (though I have in the past). I prefer sharing measurements and impressions instead on my personal website, social media and various forums/group, including the Etyheads Facebook Group.

List other Etymotic products you reviewed or owned
Etys I own: ER4P, ER4SR, ER4XR, ER2SE, ER2XR, ER20XS

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #34 of 232
  • Source gear: Mayflower O2/ODAC and iPhone 6S
  • Link to your other reviews: Focal Utopia review on Reddit here, review of a Ninebot Max Scooter here, review of Skullcandy Crusher ANC on YouTube, headfi reviews (incl LCD2, HD650, MDR7520, AHD2000) https://www.head-fi.org/members/malfunkt.35785/#showcase-reviews

• List other Etymotic products you reviewed or owned: ER4SR, HF5

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #35 of 232
OK folks. Registration is now closed :)
I will post the chosen names later today, or tomorrow at the latest.

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #37 of 232
Hi Mahir - the tour registration is already closed. It was already extended by a week, so it would be unfair for the others if people join after the deadline...
I can check with my contact @ Etymotic to see if they can allocate another demo unit to extend the tour, but I cannot promise anything!
Feel free to PM me.

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #38 of 232
Folks, we have a plan now! :)
As mentioned in the initial post, we have 4 EVO demo units courtesy of Etymotic. Here are the designated people for each unit:
N. America Tour #1Precogvision -> InvisibleInk -> mochill -> SilverEars
N. America Tour #2shotgunshane -> miserybeforethemusic -> rantng -> dheepak10
Asia Tour #1OspreyAndy (Malaysia) -> twiceboss (Malaysia) -> Banbeucmas (Japan) -> sndp (India)
Europe Tour #1Asspirin (Germany) -> zerogorgor (UK) -> qsk78 (Russia) -> rasmushorn (Denmark)

I will update post #2 in the thread later, and use it to track where each unit is at any given time...
For now, please PM me with your shipping address, email and phone # (the carriers require that info). Obviously, highest priority for the 4 people who are first in each tour! :wink:

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #39 of 232
As mentioned in the initial post, we have 4 EVO demo units courtesy of Etymotic. Here are the designated people for each unit:
Asia Tour #1OspreyAndy (Malaysia) -> twiceboss (Malaysia) -> Banbeucmas (Japan) -> sndp (India)
Europe Tour #1Asspirin (Germany) -> zerogorgor (UK) -> qsk78 (Russia) -> rasmushorn (Denmark)

I will update post #2 in the thread later, and use it to track where each unit is at any given time...
For now, please PM me with your shipping address, email and phone # (the carriers require that info). Obviously, highest priority for the 4 people who are first in each tour! :wink:
Gracias ETYMOTIC!

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #40 of 232

Thank you for this!! :wink:

Usually we put everyone in a DM. For example the Asia Tour #1 will be in a headfi chat (DM), this is important to make no one is left behind for that tour line up. For the address, personal info etc will be given an option to drop it that group DM or privately DM the guy who need to send to you.

Hope that helps to manage this tour!

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #41 of 232

Nice, let's go

Jun 8, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #42 of 232
Usually we put everyone in a DM. For example the Asia Tour #1 will be in a headfi chat (DM), this is important to make no one is left behind for that tour line up. For the address, personal info etc will be given an option to drop it that group DM or privately DM the guy who need to send to you.
I am collecting the personal info individually, using PM, so only me and the guy who needs to ship to you have your personal info... Nobody else. Etymotic will get the info of 1st in each tour because they ship it directly to the 1st person.
That was clearly explained in the 1st post, so whoever has an issue with that can opt out :)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #44 of 232
I am collecting the personal info individually, using PM, so only me and the guy who needs to ship to you have your personal info... Nobody else. Etymotic will get the info of 1st in each tour because they ship it directly to the 1st person.
That was clearly explained in the 1st post, so whoever has an issue with that can opt out :)
Ok if that's the case. I'll drop a DM for both of you and the guy before me :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back