Etymotic ER6i VS Panasonic Zirconia
Aug 31, 2010 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TheJudged

New Head-Fier
Hello.

I have a question for you all:

So, I have Etymotic ER6i IEMs at the moment. I have been looking at the Panasonic Zirconia IEMs for a while, as my Etymotics are inconsistent in the way of sound (due to my A-symmetrical ear canals) so I can't always expect the two IEM buds to sound the same all the time. One night they're on par with each other, another night the right earbud has less ambientness to it. Sort of bugs me.

Personal tastes:

I love feeling like I'm in the middle of a song. Example: I listen to a lot of video game soundtracks, and I love to feel as if I'm really in the game. You probably get what I'm saying. That's what I mean by "ambientness".

I love instrument separation and stuff of that nature. Instruments that sound mixed together=blah.

I love noise isolation, which is one reason why I bought the Etymotics. I use the foam tips, which may be one reason for the inconsistent sound, but I'm not sure. But they do sound the best, so...

I like comfort, but having the Etymotics for a while, I've gotten used to "digging deep" IEMs. Extreme comfort is not needed.

I dislike bass, as it tends to give me a headache, which is one reason why I bought the Etymotics back in "the day".

Now, for the question. Who would recommend that I get the Zirconias? Please provide some details, and whatever you can to help me out. Thanks a TON! Oh, but, if you know of a different headphone that suits my needs, that'd be nice for me to know about :]

Aug 31, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 2
From what you wrote the ZIrconia would NOT be for you. It has a lot of bass, not good isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back