etymotic er4 (p or s model?) vs shure se535
Feb 20, 2011 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi everyone,
I need an iem to tide me over till I will buy the jh3a system. For me most important are 1. isolation and 2. comfort. But of course I also want one that will let me enjoy my music.
After some research the ones I am considering are either the new etymotic er4s or p (not sure what the differences are and if the s-model really sounds better, any feedback on this would be appreciated). I am nnot sure when this new improved model was first released. I just read on headrooms site that there is a new model.
Or the shure se535. I know these are quite different iems but would still like to hear descirptions from people, if any that own or have owned both. I would GUESS that the ety is the more analytical sounding and the shure the more fun. For me most important are midrange and soundstage (broad and deep) and bass comes as a third.
Thanks in advance for any information,
Greetings, Anouk,

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 4
I have both of them, and I want to say that them may have a similar SQ and character. They both have clear highrange and nice midrange, good for vocal, but se535 have a better bass due to dual-woofer. For er4, s style have a higher impedance and lower sensitivity than p style which means the player need more power to drive and usually amps are used to help the player. I think se535 is a better choice because the much more comfort and wider compatibility to music. So if you have enough funds, choose se535!

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #4 of 4
Both isolate great.  Perhaps ER4 slightly more but it's almost overkill.  Can't hear a thing with either one on outside world.

As far as SQ, SE535 in a landslide.  Fuller sound, more realistic reproduction, more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back