ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Mar 27, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #887 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can the Shure Black Olives be used with the ER4-P/S?

Shure
biggrin.gif
I mean sure.

Mar 27, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #888 of 1,007
I'm listening to my ER-4S that just arrived today. Still trying to decide between the foamies and tri-flanges. Believe it or not, I think I think the tri-flanges are more comfortable. I'm going to stick with stock tips for a month or so then get some olives to try.

Is there a discussion somewhere (either in this thread or elsewhere) that compares the sonic signatures of each of the tips?

Mar 28, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #889 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm listening to my ER-4S that just arrived today. Still trying to decide between the foamies and tri-flanges. Believe it or not, I think I think the tri-flanges are more comfortable. I'm going to stick with stock tips for a month or so then get some olives to try.

Is there a discussion somewhere (either in this thread or elsewhere) that compares the sonic signatures of each of the tips?

It will vary by individual. If they are comfortable enough and you are getting a good seal, I would always recommend the silicone flanges. It's a more consistent sound and fit and they are easier to keep clean.

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #890 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dunno if its the same on the ER-4s, but on my ER6i's, the most noticeable improvements with the shure black foamies are the soundstage and the bass. Soundstage is quite amazing how it sounds like it's outside your ears.. I thought that couldn't be done with IEM's. And the bass, it's still not overpowering, but its noticeable now.

With the silicones, everything sounds thin. Shure black olives change all this.

Mar 29, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #891 of 1,007
ER-4P with P/S adapter

Mar 30, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #892 of 1,007
I am getting some ER6i's with some Olives.

On an unrelated note, I lived in Castle Rock for 3 years, Kevo. I used to go into Kiowa every once in a while.

Mar 30, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #894 of 1,007
I just ordered both the ER6i's and the Olives, I am trying medium size first to see how it goes.

I got the ER6i's from Amazon and the Olives from Discountheadphones.com

Mar 31, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #896 of 1,007
I just got my ER6i about 1/2 hour ago, and I am already very impressed with their sound. They blow my Vibes out of the water, which is exactly what I was hoping for! For only 75 bucks at Amazon, they're a steal.

Mar 31, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #898 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my ER6i about 1/2 hour ago, and I am already very impressed with their sound. They blow my Vibes out of the water, which is exactly what I was hoping for! For only 75 bucks at Amazon, they're a steal.

I was hoping someone would say that, I was looking at both the Vibes and the ER6i's, I decided against the Vibes though.

Mar 31, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #899 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmacfan4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was hoping someone would say that, I was looking at both the Vibes and the ER6i's, I decided against the Vibes though.

Glad I could help! It does, however, depend on what you want. The Vibes give immense amounts of bass, but I feel that it really drowns out the rest of the music, so you hear less detail in the upper mids and highs.

About a year ago I was trying to decide between the Vibes and the ER6i, and went with the Vibes. I loved them for a while, but once I got my HD595, I realized how heavy the bass really was.

The ER6i give decent bass, but it's not going to give you the thump that the Vibes do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back