ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Mar 14, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #871 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have just bought a pair of ER4S. I will receive them in the coming week and I'm really looking forward to hear how much better they are than my ER6.

I think you'll be happy with the upgrade. It is a big jump in price but easily worth it.

Mar 14, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #872 of 1,007
Add me to the list!

For the past three years I have been the proud owner of a pair of Etymotic Research ER-6i IEMs using Shure gray sleeves.

Ety owners unite!

Mar 16, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #874 of 1,007
Add me to the list-- white er6i
smily_headphones1.gif
. I got them for Christmas.

I have a question. Do you think I can 'wear out' the double-flanged sleeves any? I like them, but putting them in gives my ear massive pressure. I think I can try wearing them out a little bit, but I don't know how to go about doing so. My foamies just wore out, and I need something to cover me while my new pair comes in.

Mar 16, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #875 of 1,007
I own a pair too, so add me please as well, thanks.

My Ety's are the awesome ER-6i Black, using the provided beige Ety foams.

I love the clear, neutral sound and lean, tight, clear bass.

I also use the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro's when I want to inject soul into my music and listen to the awesome colouring of the frequencies the Super.Fi's give. It makes me feel like I am at a gig (Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock; recreated by Ultimate Ears!)
cool.gif
But so far, I prefer the Ety's due to exceptional comfort, easy listening, and realistic sound produced for each of my music/classical piece I play
wink.gif

Once my 'Bass Boost cMoy v2.00 Headphone Amplifier' from JDS Labs arrives (Head-fi member "blackinches" = John Seaber), I will test out both IEM's (and publish a review), but I am worried that my Super.Fi's will be of little use, as the bass extension on the cMoy amp may render them useless
frown.gif

Time will tell...

---

The One In Yellow
"Day One Will Suffice"

Mar 17, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #878 of 1,007
Is it normal to get creases in the third flange (the largest one) from normal use?

Mar 17, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #879 of 1,007
my 4 year old white er6i finally retired. my first good iem/headphone. now it's er4s. i have super fi pro and um2(before) but this is really good.

p.s.: is EFN still around? i read he has a new hubby now.

Mar 17, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #880 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it normal to get creases in the third flange (the largest one) from normal use?

This happens to me too. I haven't noticed any issues with the sound or isolation with it.

Mar 24, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #882 of 1,007
I have the er6i's, hopefully will be upgradeing to the er4p's soon

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #883 of 1,007
I just got some shure foamies for my er6i as my included pair "broke". While I was skeptical by the shaping of the foam and the space that would be in between the ear and the driver, I have to say that I am VERY impressed. Not only has bass reappeared (my main reason for missing my old foamies), but I am also graced with an enormous soundstage, or at least in the spectrum of IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back