ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Feb 13, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #826 of 1,007
This just arrived today. Time to find out what all the fuzz is about....
biggrin.gif

303799701.jpg

303799709.jpg

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #827 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnaKinDV8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This just arrived today. Time to find out what all the fuzz is about....
biggrin.gif

303799701.jpg

303799709.jpg

Sweet! -- another convert to-be
wink.gif

A good seal with the right type tip/size makes a world of difference. Shure's black foamies makes the Ety's perform for me.

Feb 13, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #828 of 1,007
Wow. Listened to my ER6i's again with the triple flanges... THEY SOUND TERRIBLE! Tinny, weak, YUCK.

The only way I like them is with the shure olives... They sound REALLY good then.

Feb 14, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #829 of 1,007
My ER4P's arrived today. Bought them just to see what the hype was about lol.

Will try them soon when I leave work and on my way home.

Going to try them first with a P->S using the triflanges.

Mine are black/black, although I did prefer blue/red
frown.gif

Alas, will update on my impressions later
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #830 of 1,007
Podectomized im716 owner here, got curious if ER4 is better than those, now waiting for ER4S delivery, and that's killing me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Question to ER4P owners with P/S cable. Do you ever go back to P mode after trying S, if so, why?

Feb 14, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #831 of 1,007
Woot! Got a pair last week. Exactly what I needed for the noisy city streets. Mayhaps a tad more microphonic than I'd hoped. Any suggestions to tame those brushes and knocks? They can get quite fatiguing at times.

Feb 14, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #832 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Binaural Fusion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woot! Got a pair last week. Exactly what I needed for the noisy city streets. Mayhaps a tad more microphonic than I'd hoped. Any suggestions to tame those brushes and knocks? They can get quite fatiguing at times.

Try looping the cables over your ears. It pretty much eliminates all the microphonics for me.

Feb 14, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #834 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try looping the cables over your ears. It pretty much eliminates all the microphonics for me.

I hadn't thought to try that with the ety's, I did it with my shures when I had them and marshmallows now. It doesn't seem as natural with these, do you put them in upside down and then run them along your back?

Feb 14, 2008 at 7:59 AM Post #835 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by Binaural Fusion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hadn't thought to try that with the ety's, I did it with my shures when I had them and marshmallows now. It doesn't seem as natural with these, do you put them in upside down and then run them along your back?

Lol. I just imagined you walking around the streets with these awkward looking red/blue IEMs sticking out of your ears, especially when its pointing up and over your ears
biggrin.gif

But yeah, direct them upside-down and try looping them over your ears, and also don't forget the shirt-clip--these two things may help with the microphonics.

Feb 14, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #839 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It means I am using the Ety ER4P with an P->S adapter. Basically makes the Ety P into an S.

edit: welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet!

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you know where's the best place to get an Er4p?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back