ETYMŌTIC IEM Owners Headcount - Are you one?
Sep 16, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #616 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way the most comfortoble Musician Earplugs that I have ever purchased is from ACS. They made such a high quality sillicone. Superbly comfortable and less sticking out as well.

Mine are made by Sensaphonics Japan, which are also silicone and sit flush on the earpieces. As far as I know, ACS is the European sister company to Sensaphonics.

Sep 16, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #617 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by dimm0k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How noticeable is this between the new set and the older? You're making me want to get a set of new ones, if not for this subtle change, but to have the new color.

TO honda, jlingo and others with the Musician's Earplugs: which one would be the most ideal for loud concerts between the -9, -15, and -25?

Maybe if the Xin amps weren't in such high demand and scarce supply... I'd actually love to have one except the wait time is ridiculous.

heheh I noticed you ordered Supermicro IV hehehe.
By the way how come you order that one not Supermacro LE?
I like SM LE the fact that they have bassboost and impedance option. The bassboost is just great for etymotic.

What amp are you using right now with ety? I noticed you own ER-4P, and with SM LE you can convert ER-4P to S for free as a bonus. ER4S sounds amazing very accurate.

Also, if you have a chance try to use TTVJ Hybrid Millett Amp. Let me know what you think. If you are already very happy with the Millett then, you don't really have to order the Xin amp. Millett amp doesn't have wait time like the Xin.

Sep 17, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #618 of 1,007
Hrmm, how do I even start. Actually right now I'm not using an amp when I'm on the go with the iPod, but after plugging my Etys into the headphone jack on my Dell notebook I was amazed at how much richer the sound was. That's when I decided to give amps a try so I went with a cheap CMoy amp off of eBay and since then I've been debating portability vs better sound. I chose the SuperMicro mainly because of the size, which correct me if I'm wrong, is the smallest good sounding amp.

I have not experienced any other amps besides the CMoy I have now, but from the looks of the TTVJ Hybrid Millett Amp it is kind of big... as time goes on however, Head-Fi may persuade me to overlook size vs better sound. I can say for sure that it is Head-Fi that got me interested in better sound to begin with.

The only thing I need to get over is the wait time for the Xin amp...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heheh I noticed you ordered Supermicro IV hehehe.
By the way how come you order that one not Supermacro LE?
I like SM LE the fact that they have bassboost and impedance option. The bassboost is just great for etymotic.

What amp are you using right now with ety? I noticed you own ER-4P, and with SM LE you can convert ER-4P to S for free as a bonus. ER4S sounds amazing very accurate.

Also, if you have a chance try to use TTVJ Hybrid Millett Amp. Let me know what you think. If you are already very happy with the Millett then, you don't really have to order the Xin amp. Millett amp doesn't have wait time like the Xin.

Sep 17, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #619 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by dimm0k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and since then I've been debating portability vs better sound. I chose the SuperMicro mainly because of the size, which correct me if I'm wrong, is the smallest good sounding amp.

I have not experienced any other amps besides the CMoy I have now, but from the looks of the TTVJ Hybrid Millett Amp it is kind of big...

Supermicro there is no doubt a great sounding Amp. But SM LE has the bassboost and impedance that could make your foot tapping.
smily_headphones1.gif

I find that when I'm in a noisy environment I prefer ER-4P and whenever I'm in a very quiet environment I prefer the ER-4S. ER-4S is also fabulous when supplied with Amazing recording. If your recording is not good, you hear pretty much everything.

The Millett, yes there is no doubt it's bigger.
smily_headphones1.gif
if you often walk around with your IEM, then it's not a good idea. I usually use Millett when I'm either on the plane or in the car, or on my desk(pretty stationary).

Up To now, I find Ety to be a great IEM to keep.

Sep 19, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #620 of 1,007
How can people say these have little bass?

Maybe Ety have an updated version (as noted above).

Listing to "rock on"- def leopard, I am convinced that these babies go deeeep and are thumping

With the recommended EQ setting "er-650", these are even punchier.

If you don't like the sound of these, they don't mind a little EQ w/o distortion.

I have stared to make several EQ presets on rockbox for different music/moods. Mostly I leave it flat and the rockbox crossfeed on though.

Sep 19, 2007 at 1:11 AM Post #621 of 1,007
ER 6i (black) -- I used to have the white ones, before the black ones came out, but they were stolen.

Sep 22, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #625 of 1,007
Just ordered some black er6i's from buy.com. Decided against the bass heavy, more expensive Atrio M5/8
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit : Will these still carry a warranty from Etymotic? Also, I'm trying to find differences between the er6 and er6i but I'm having trouble. Any help would be very appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #627 of 1,007
ER-6i on the way. Hope they arrive before I leave on holiday to Barcelona and San Sebastian next week.

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #628 of 1,007
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered some black er6i's from buy.com. Decided against the bass heavy, more expensive Atrio M5/8
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit : Will these still carry a warranty from Etymotic? Also, I'm trying to find differences between the er6 and er6i but I'm having trouble. Any help would be very appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

EVEN Less bass, a bit "thin" from what ive read....

Believe me the ER6i's are very lean on bass, coming from CX300's especially.

-= Matt =-

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #630 of 1,007
I dont know, when i brought the er6i's which i recieved just 1 week ago, i didnt plan on buying an amp as i didnt need one, so i got the er6i's, as the er6's are not as good w/o an amp i was told. I now have the head-fi itch, making me dream of amazing sound by amping them, so im now thinking about building a cMoy
very_evil_smiley.gif
! I am not an audiophile, i just think i may be oneday, especially if i amp my er6i's, but i highly doubt it, its just the H-F bug influencing my brain!
evil_smiley.gif

-= Matt =-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back