ETY ER-4 Dealer
Nov 29, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 21

Dang, haven't been on HF forever, didn't know the price of the ER4's went up. I was thinking I could still get a pair of used ones for a $100ish. That's how much I paid for mine a few years ago. So I guess I am going to send my Ety's back to get a driver replaced for $85 (broken tube).
Quote:
Not sure I understand Ety's desire to inflate the ER4P price, after all, it's very old technology (but good tech, since I have owned one). Seems it could be their idea of differentiating their newer models, which are considerably less with MSRPs at $79 on the low end, and heavily discounted hf2s and hf5s. Very strange. You could get a used ER4P here on HF for $120 in the past. They almost are discouraging people from buying the ER4P, which was well below $299 for the past several years, and driving buyers to their newer models.

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:
So they wouldn't ship to an unverified paypal address and then when I checked afterwards they increased the price:frowning2:

I'm going with the hf-2's off ear phone solutions now.

Wow, that's very lame for them. I think they just don't want to honor the deal when they realize the price has been pushed back to MSRP over the net. You should file a complain on Paypal about the situation.

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #19 of 21
Even if that were the case, I've already bought a set of HF-2's from earphonesolutions. And they have a mic!

But it is not worth opening a dispute, if they want to treat me like that I am not doing business with them. Even if I am awarded a set at that price, they probably will still have a margin from it. There is also no way I'm cancelling my HF-2s,

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #20 of 21

Quote:
Wow, that's very lame for them. I think they just don't want to honor the deal when they realize the price has been pushed back to MSRP over the net. You should file a complain on Paypal about the situation.

many sellers actually make sure they only ship to paypal verified address especialy the popular ones to avoid bad rep. and ofc y sell it for 179 when you can charge another 60 bucks for it

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:
Quote:

many sellers actually make sure they only ship to paypal verified address especialy the popular ones to avoid bad rep. and ofc y sell it for 179 when you can charge another 60 bucks for it

If you assume the seller and buyer are both in U.S., then yes. I am a Paypal user for 8 years now and a few years ago I upgrade my account to premium yet I am still unverified (and yes, I already went through the whole verification process). Why? Because the whole verification process only works on a very limited number of countries where Paypal has local office, so even if I upgrade my account (which required verification in order for large money or eBay transaction), they still can't mark me as verified. I am a verified Paypal Premium account user without a verified address, how stupid is that?

Plus, a seller should have made it clear and upfront on whether he/she will ship to an unverified Paypal address or not, which this seller doesn't - and somehow conveniently reject the one buyer who noticed the lower price tag then rise the price up immediately afterward. I call that bad business practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back