ETHER 2: Impressions and Discussion
Feb 22, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #1,516 of 3,212
A great review just came out on enjoythemusic.com here.

"When factoring in their $2000 price while most competitors ask two to three times for their offerings, which puts the Ether 2 in a league of its own."
The review reminded of a folk tale.
"An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

OUR MORAL: DON'T FEED YOUR ETHER2s BAD MUSIC.

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #1,517 of 3,212
The review reminded of a folk tale.
"An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

OUR MORAL: DON'T FEED YOUR ETHER2s BAD MUSIC.

All this reminds me of is Brad Bird's worst film yet. :D

Feb 24, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #1,518 of 3,212
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 24, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #1,519 of 3,212
Feb 24, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #1,520 of 3,212
Try it first... I enjoy the pairing. Use a good tube. Some tubes are brighter, I think a Tungsram 6922 new stock tube sounds well balanced and is affordable.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 25, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #1,521 of 3,212
Try it first... I enjoy the pairing. Use a good tube. Some tubes are brighter, I think a Tungsram 6922 new stock tube sounds well balanced and is affordable.

Thank-you Dan. I currently have GE5670 5* (via adapters) so, maybe worth a switch to something brighter

Feb 27, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #1,522 of 3,212
Hey, folks who have other ETHER or Aeon headphones, are you enjoying the VIVO cable with them?

Feb 27, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #1,523 of 3,212
Hey, folks who have other ETHER or Aeon headphones, are you enjoying the VIVO cable with them?

Hi, Dan.
I actually prefer DUM cable over VIVO for my ETHER Flow (1.1 kit applied, white felt + black foam, old version ETHER Flow ear pads, Gungnir Multibit + Mjolnir2 (Bugle Boy), both cable terminated in XLR.).
I feel my ETHER Flow (with 1.1 kit sans new pads) too thin for my preference compared to original ETHER flow, and with VIVO, it exaggerates that.
With ETHER2, surely VIVO is better since ETHER2 has much more body and doesn't feel too thin with it.

Feb 27, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #1,525 of 3,212
Very nice with my EFO, which I purchased 2nd hand and only had a SE 1/4 inch DUM cable.

<edit> Just saw @Licht post -- to be clear, as my chain is balanced, I don't use the DUM cable with my EFO, so I'm not making any comparison there.</edit>

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #1,527 of 3,212
I only have the Ether 2, but love the new cable. It's perfect for a stock cable, never in the way, dead quiet, and just feels high quality.

Feb 27, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #1,528 of 3,212
When I first got the Ether 2, I thought they were a very warm headphone. As I’ve burnt them in (mostly from listening) I’ve noticed that they sound pretty much neutral but with nice bass when called for. It might be my brain burning in, but I’m thinking it’s more likely the gear. anyone else share this experience?

Feb 27, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #1,529 of 3,212
When I first got the Ether 2, I thought they were a very warm headphone. As I’ve burnt them in (mostly from listening) I’ve noticed that they sound pretty much neutral but with nice bass when called for. It might be my brain burning in, but I’m thinking it’s more likely the gear. anyone else share this experience?

You are not alone. I also noticed that. But I am unsure whether that is physical or psychological effect. It is still a myth to me.

Feb 27, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #1,530 of 3,212
You are not alone. I also noticed that. But I am unsure whether that is physical or psychological effect. It is still a myth to me.

It’s the v-planar knurling on the driver settling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back