Essence STX + Fischer Audio FA-003/FA-011 Help.
Jan 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

xMExHKSx

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am looking for new headphones. Looking at fa-003 and fa-011 currently. But i am wondering if the essence STX can drive them to their fullest potential? And what kind of settings should i have for my essence stx?

Thanks. :)

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi, i ordered my FA-011 Headphones 12/5/11 from gd base and they shipped 12/12/11 and as of today 1/24/12 i have not received my headphones. 43 days seems like a really long time, but i did see someone else on here waited 49 days and their headphones did arrive. I hope they are worth the wait.

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
Hi, I am looking for new headphones. Looking at fa-003 and fa-011 currently. But i am wondering if the essence STX can drive them to their fullest potential? And what kind of settings should i have for my essence stx?

Thanks. :)

I just hooked up an xonar essence stx yesterday in my comp and am using the brainwawz hm5 (which is the same headphone as the fa-003).

Disclaimer: I am new to the audiophile world. Understand that anything I hear is a huge improvement over what I've been hearing in the past.

That said, the combination is amazing. I set the essence stx amp to the highest gain and the bass I was feeling through the hm5's blew my socks off. The depth and clarity on the lows was truly impressive on my rap/hip hop tracks. I then set the card back to normal and put on some van halen, pink floyd, etc. and the clarity was excellent. I can't wait to rip some lossless tracks to see what that sounds like on this pairing.

I have to say, I am truly pleased with the combo. The fa-003 are relatively low impedance and high efficiency. It doesn't take much to drive them. My soundblaster xtreme music was driving the hm5's reasonably well without amplification (but the xonar is on a different level). So if that's your worry, I would say you'll be fine and won't be disappointed.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #4 of 7
THIS AN UPDATE... I FINALLY RECEIVED MY HEADPHONES TODAY, AND YES THEY WERE WORTH THE WAIT. THE THING I NOTICED MOST IS HOW DEEP AND WIDE THE SOUND STAGE IS. I DID SOME E.Q. ADJUSTMENTS AND THAT REALLY BROUGHT THIS BABIES TO LIFE. LET ME GET SOME BURN IN TIME AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SOUND.

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #5 of 7
Hey OP, I'm in a similar position to you, the difference is I've already ordered my FA-011's :)

I'll probably have mine delivered by early Feb, so if you can wait that long I can let you know how I go with the inbuilt amp in my Asus Xonar ST.

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
I just hooked up an xonar essence stx yesterday in my comp and am using the brainwawz hm5 (which is the same headphone as the fa-003).

Disclaimer: I am new to the audiophile world. Understand that anything I hear is a huge improvement over what I've been hearing in the past.

That said, the combination is amazing. I set the essence stx amp to the highest gain and the bass I was feeling through the hm5's blew my socks off. The depth and clarity on the lows was truly impressive on my rap/hip hop tracks. I then set the card back to normal and put on some van halen, pink floyd, etc. and the clarity was excellent. I can't wait to rip some lossless tracks to see what that sounds like on this pairing.

I have to say, I am truly pleased with the combo. The fa-003 are relatively low impedance and high efficiency. It doesn't take much to drive them. My soundblaster xtreme music was driving the hm5's reasonably well without amplification (but the xonar is on a different level). So if that's your worry, I would say you'll be fine and won't be disappointed.

I guess I just have to find a place in my country so that I can listen to both of them before buying. I dont know if I will like 011 or 003 more. Thanks for the explanation though. I am new to the audiophone world too. :)

Quote:
THIS AN UPDATE... I FINALLY RECEIVED MY HEADPHONES TODAY, AND YES THEY WERE WORTH THE WAIT. THE THING I NOTICED MOST IS HOW DEEP AND WIDE THE SOUND STAGE IS. I DID SOME E.Q. ADJUSTMENTS AND THAT REALLY BROUGHT THIS BABIES TO LIFE. LET ME GET SOME BURN IN TIME AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SOUND.

Congrats on your headphones. I guess I just have to listen to both of them side by side. :)

Quote:
Hey OP, I'm in a similar position to you, the difference is I've already ordered my FA-011's :)

I'll probably have mine delivered by early Feb, so if you can wait that long I can let you know how I go with the inbuilt amp in my Asus Xonar ST.

Please do update me if possible. I doubt I am getting that early as I have school and such.

Feb 22, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Please do update me if possible. I doubt I am getting that early as I have school and such.

Hey mate, sorry for the late reply - I received my Fischer FA-011's at the end of last week and have been using them solely on my Xonar ST. I'm really happy with the sound I'm getting from these cans and it appears that my sound card can drive them quite easily on the 64-300ohm gain setting. That said I don't have any other amps to compare it to apart from my GoVibe mini box and an FiiO E6, which can *drive* them, just not to the same degree as the ST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back