Erzetich Charybdis
Apr 1, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #211 of 233
the charybdis is awkward but once it is on your head it is very comfortable...far easier to wear than the 1266 for sure...big big sound...huge soundstage and excellent imaging....for me a real find

Apr 1, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #212 of 233
the charybdis is awkward but once it is on your head it is very comfortable...far easier to wear than the 1266 for sure...big big sound...huge soundstage and excellent imaging....for me a real find
Especially at the price!

My current purchase queue is too long, but the Charybdis is definitely worth a consideration

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #213 of 233
Do you like it better than TC?

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #214 of 233
better no but is it a solid option yes when I just want to put something on my head and not fuss with the fit etc...it is really good and as I have mentioned has this incredible soundstage....it is also about half the price of the 1266....it fills a role for me between the 1266 and susvara...easier to drive as well,much easier

Apr 2, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #215 of 233
So, somebody with 0 posts messaged me about buying this headphone of them. Then I go to respond, but it got deleted in the middle of a nap. I guess it was a scam. 🤷‍♂️

I'm still looking to buy these, but it appears to be more difficult than I thought. I wish they had them in stock for US shipping. I guess I'll continue to search. If any, valid, person wants to let them go in the US, hit me up.

Apr 2, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #216 of 233
Side note: Is Head-fi reading my PMs? While I appreciate them getting rid of this scammer for me, I don't know how I feel about them reading my PMs. Oh well, whatever 🤷‍♂️

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #217 of 233
So, somebody with 0 posts messaged me about buying this headphone of them. Then I go to respond, but it got deleted in the middle of a nap. I guess it was a scam. 🤷‍♂️

I'm still looking to buy these, but it appears to be more difficult than I thought. I wish they had them in stock for US shipping. I guess I'll continue to search. If any, valid, person wants to let them go in the US, hit me up.
Bless your heart, he's tryin'

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #218 of 233
they are definitely worth the effort if you are looking for something different that plays in the big leagues for a relative bargain price..my 1266 and susvara are constants and my RAAL's will never be let go of but I am always looking for a planar that is easier to drive and is deserving of being kept in the company of the big guys I mentioned....I have gone through focals' and audezes and DCA's and more and these are the first keepers I have found recently...everyone has their own preferences of course...my envy with ER300 does make everything sound good though lol

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #220 of 233
the charybdis is definitely a fun HP...fantastic soundstage and very nice bass....right up there with the very best

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #221 of 233
the charybdis has made me appreciate how good the amp section of the chord dave actually is...it is so easy to drive that the dave really makes them sing...they are great with my envy but it really is overkill...

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #222 of 233
I found Charybdis to be more softer and rounded sounding headphones than 1266, imo it's perfect headphone to fit between 1266 and Susvara. Biggest issue is average comfort and big weight.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 10:47 PM Post #223 of 233
the weight doesnt bother me at all and despite the weight they are comfortable for me...that said, they are awkward because of the way they pivot around and twist which can make for a better fit makes them hard to handle...I do agree they fit somewhere in between the 1266 and susvara...they have a really big and to me great sounstage and they are very detailed...a real find for me

Apr 11, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #224 of 233
the charybdis has made me appreciate how good the amp section of the chord dave actually is...it is so easy to drive that the dave really makes them sing...they are great with my envy but it really is overkill...
Agree to this. They sound great.
Only have one other headphone which is the OG Meze empy with angled pads not cheap pads but do improve the Meze's and are easy to drive direct from Dave amp. Having read up on the Erzetich Chayrbdis being also easy to drive I made the purchase and was pleasantly surprised to find them easier to drive than the Meze empy and overall a much better sounding headphone. A win-win.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #225 of 233
I was wondering if there are also separate pads available for the Erzetich Charybdis with an audible improvement.
not that the current pads are bad, but an adjustment by, for example, curved pads might really improve the signal flow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back