Erzetich Charybdis
Apr 13, 2023 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 229

smodtactical

Headphoneus Supremus
Apr 14, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 229
Also waiting to see more impressions on this one. At its price range, I’m curious how it compares to other flagships.

Apr 14, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 229
740 grams...oh, my aching neck! Perhaps well-distrinuted but that's a heavy can. Awaiting reviews on sound and confort.

Apr 16, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #5 of 229
Hi all, new to Head-Fi,

I have the Erzetich Charybdis for some weeks now (Serial number 7!!) and I find it a wonderful headphone. In my setup, it is driven by the Enleum Amp-23R connected to a Hegel Mohican CD player with the Chordmusic RCA interconnect cable (Chord Company). I use the 'silver' headphone cable from Meze. Huge soundstage, very 'musical' sound, a lot of detail, never fatiguing, but, yes, heavy (although certainly not uncomfortable). When I compare the Charybdis with my Meze Elite, there is more detail in the sound, and the soundstage is wider. The Elite stays with me, but, for the moment, I am only listening to the Charybdis ... Highly recommended! Ordered directly from Erzetich and delivered within a week. Also had a good email conversation with Blaz Erzetic, founder of Erzetich audio.

Apr 16, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #6 of 229
Hi all, new to Head-Fi,

I have the Erzetich Charybdis for some weeks now (Serial number 7!!) and I find it a wonderful headphone. In my setup, it is driven by the Enleum Amp-23R connected to a Hegel Mohican CD player with the Chordmusic RCA interconnect cable (Chord Company). I use the 'silver' headphone cable from Meze. Huge soundstage, very 'musical' sound, a lot of detail, never fatiguing, but, yes, heavy (although certainly not uncomfortable). When I compare the Charybdis with my Meze Elite, there is more detail in the sound, and the soundstage is wider. The Elite stays with me, but, for the moment, I am only listening to the Charybdis ... Highly recommended! Ordered directly from Erzetich and delivered within a week. Also had a good email conversation with Blaz Erzetic, founder of Erzetich audio.
How does it compare to the Susvara or HEKse on the ENLEUM ??

Apr 16, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #7 of 229
Apr 16, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #8 of 229
Damn...I just checked them out. My wife laughs at me when I wear the 1266, I can only imagine the reaction I would get if I wore these cans. I'm sure they sound great.

Apr 16, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #9 of 229
Damn...I just checked them out. My wife laughs at me when I wear the 1266, I can only imagine the reaction I would get if I wore these cans. I'm sure they sound great.
I’m not sure the design is as out there as the 1266 to be fair, lol.

Apr 16, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #10 of 229
Hi all, new to Head-Fi,

We are curious to the way they look when worn.

Apr 16, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 229
Hi all, new to Head-Fi,

Would you say its a more laid back sound? Or is it a more intense engaging sound? So good to hear from an owner

Apr 17, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #12 of 229
Would you say its a more laid back sound? Or is it a more intense engaging sound? So good to hear from an owner
Definitely more engaging, but not in a harsh or disturbing way ... Of course, the Enleum is also important in this respect. The reproduction of piano sounds is very good, and that also applies to vocals.

Apr 17, 2023 at 12:19 AM Post #13 of 229
We are curious to the way they look when worn.
I only use them in my own room, when nobody is around (LOL) ... No, it's OK. My son was laughing though.

Apr 17, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #14 of 229
@PeterV2560 Could you describe the sense of punch/slam you get from these headphones and compare them to the Meze Elite on this aspect? Sandu from SoundNews praised this aspect but I'm interested in knowing if this is something really noticeable or kinda subtle when compared to other headphones.

Apr 17, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #15 of 229
@PeterV2560 Could you describe the sense of punch/slam you get from these headphones and compare them to the Meze Elite on this aspect? Sandu from SoundNews praised this aspect but I'm interested in knowing if this is something really noticeable or kinda subtle when compared to other headphones.
Well, yes, indeed, more dynamic than the Meze Elite. The improved reproduction of detail combined with the clear instrument separation and wide soundstage is, in my opinion, having a positive effect on the appreciation of punch&slam. But, again, without harshness. Really good headphone ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back