Erzetich Charybdis
Feb 16, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #166 of 229
I read a review of the Charybdis, that described a ~3db subbass rolloff, so my question to the owners, how do you perceive the subbass?

Ideally compared to some other flagships?

I might get another chance to audition them again in 2 weeks, but I'm still interested in your impressions

Feb 16, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #168 of 229
Feb 17, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #169 of 229
I read a review of the Charybdis, that described a ~3db subbass rolloff, so my question to the owners, how do you perceive the subbass?

Ideally compared to some other flagships?

I might get another chance to audition them again in 2 weeks, but I'm still interested in your impressions
To me not a problem....but i dont usually listen to EDM music where subbass is a concern. For almost all my music, i dont feel subbass to be lacking. (unlike the utopia and hd800 where i felt i could have more subbass)

Feb 25, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #170 of 229
To me not a problem....but i dont usually listen to EDM music where subbass is a concern. For almost all my music, i dont feel subbass to be lacking. (unlike the utopia and hd800 where i felt i could have more subbass)

Is it your favorite headphone currently ?

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #172 of 229
I managed to audition the Charybdis yesterday right next to the AA Composer.

I prefered the Charybdis by a significant margin. They sound really good. If I hadn't already this many headphones I might even consider one.

However unfortunately they also have a huge design flaw with the rod system.
There is no sort of stop mechanism implemented and you can pull the rods out of the headband.
On the Demo unit even without any force. A Lady picked the Charybdis at the headband and one of the earcups just fell on the floor since its own weight was enough to make the rod slide out of the headband

Mar 3, 2024 at 6:47 AM Post #173 of 229
I managed to audition the Charybdis yesterday right next to the AA Composer.

I prefered the Charybdis by a significant margin. They sound really good. If I hadn't already this many headphones I might even consider one.

However unfortunately they also have a huge design flaw with the rod system.
There is no sort of stop mechanism implemented and you can pull the rods out of the headband.
On the Demo unit even without any force. A Lady picked the Charybdis at the headband and one of the earcups just fell on the floor since its own weight was enough to make the rod slide out of the headband
That happened to me a couple of times, I had to invent something to prevent the rods coming out (the earcups are heavy af), not ideal for a headphone in this price bracket but the sound makes it worth it.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #174 of 229
That happened to me a couple of times, I had to invent something to prevent the rods coming out (the earcups are heavy af), not ideal for a headphone in this price bracket but the sound makes it worth it.
I experienced the same thing with a demo listening impression.
The plastic bushings were pressed in and did not provide sufficient grip.
It looked cheap too
Unworthy of a $3000 headset.
Please Blaz, can you make a significant improvement on this.

Mar 5, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #175 of 229
I experienced the same thing with a demo listening impression.
The plastic bushings were pressed in and did not provide sufficient grip.
It looked cheap too
Unworthy of a $3000 headset.
Please Blaz, can you make a significant improvement on this.
This headphone interests me. It looks absolutely amazing. But reading these recent posts about this cheapass physical problem--total turnoff.

I've had one or two headphones fall apart in my hands. They cost a fraction of this one, and still, it pissed me off for days.

Mar 6, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #176 of 229
This headphone interests me. It looks absolutely amazing. But reading these recent posts about this cheapass physical problem--total turnoff.

I've had one or two headphones fall apart in my hands. They cost a fraction of this one, and still, it pissed me off for days.
Well, regarding the durability I can guarantee you that these won’t fall apart, they’re built like a tank, the materials are of high quality.

I understand that this particular problem is annoying but give it a listen if you can, I think it’s worth it.

Mar 6, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #177 of 229
Well, regarding the durability I can guarantee you that these won’t fall apart, they’re built like a tank, the materials are of high quality.

I understand that this particular problem is annoying but give it a listen if you can, I think it’s worth it.
Yeah I want to emphasize, the sound was really good.
Just that rod-headband attachment should be revised imo.

I probably will email him directly with that. Who knows, maybe he will think of a fix

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #178 of 229
I probably will email him directly with that. Who knows, maybe he will think of a fix
Follow up on that: Blaz is aware of the issue and working on a fix.

That's good news

Mar 7, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #180 of 229
I have an almost new Charybdis in black. Blaz has only built a handful of black ones.
If anyone from Europe is interested, please PM me.
Unfortunately very bad Timing, now that I bought the Envy AE. I'd still like to see pictures of the Black limited edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back