EQUATION AUDIO EARTOOLS: REVIEW
Jul 20, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #511 of 697
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mseed Spirit + RP21 = yummy.

x2 on the yummy.

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #512 of 697
I just ordered the Mseed Spirit. I feel a little tingly! My wife wasn't too angry, lol!

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #513 of 697
Has anyone else noticed a rattle in either cup? On my left phone (the one with the cord) there is a very distinct rattle whenever I move my head. It is noticable even when playing music.

EDIT: This is with the 21s

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #514 of 697
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
. . . there is a very distinct rattle whenever I move my head . . .

I thought I had the same problem but it didn't go away when I took the RP-21s off.
tongue.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #516 of 697
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone else noticed a rattle in either cup? On my left phone (the one with the cord) there is a very distinct rattle whenever I move my head. It is noticable even when playing music.

EDIT: This is with the 21s

Yes, actually I noticed this when I first bought my pair. I ended up returning them, and I'm awaiting a new replacement pair. I'm thinking that this must be common due to its build or something. I doubt it's anything serious though.

I may be buying these phones on Monday, and I can’t wait to start mixing sound with them.

Jul 22, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #518 of 697
There are little springs which stop the bowls from rotating too freely and I believe they always rattle. I was going to try sticking some blu-tak on the springs to stop the rattle but I never bothered. Perhaps you should try that. I am sure it's common to almost all RP-21s and I'm equally sure that in 99.9% of cases it's not a defect (unless you call a design flaw a defect).

Maybe I'll try the blu-tak myself and see what it does, but I've personally learned to live with the rattle (it only happens when I rock my head around, and I'm no head-banger so it's not that frequent for me).

Jul 22, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #519 of 697
Mine don't rattle, though sometimes (very rarely) the little metal bit does seem to catch on something when I'm putting them on / taking them off.

Overall, my feelings on the RP-21 are still really, really positive. They're now pretty much totally broken in, and all of my previous kvetching about comfort issues is past tense. I can listen for hours at a time now.

Jul 22, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #520 of 697
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psiga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine don't rattle, though sometimes (very rarely) the little metal bit does seem to catch on something when I'm putting them on / taking them off.

Overall, my feelings on the RP-21 are still really, really positive. They're now pretty much totally broken in, and all of my previous kvetching about comfort issues is past tense. I can listen for hours at a time now.

me too..theyre pretty comfortable for me now..

Jul 22, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #521 of 697
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i tried the RP21 with Beyer Velour. The result is horrible. I quickly put them off and put the leather back on

I love my velour pads on my RP21, defoamed of course.

Jul 22, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #522 of 697
But if they have no foam how far are your ears from the driver?

Jul 22, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #524 of 697
I have read all the comments for rp-21 but still I can't decide if its the headphone that I am searching for.

I am searching for a closed alternative to grado sr80. I want to use this closed headphone also for FPS gaming (footsteps) and watching movies. Performance for metal music is also important for me. It may not be equally good as sr80 for metal but will rp-21 perform well for all these requirements?

Jul 22, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #525 of 697
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iced /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have read all the comments for rp-21 but still I can't decide if its the headphone that I am searching for.

I am searching for a closed alternative to grado sr80. I want to use this closed headphone also for FPS gaming (footsteps) and watching movies. Performance for metal music is also important for me. It may not be equally good as sr80 for metal but will rp-21 perform well for all these requirements?

yup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back