EQUATION AUDIO EARTOOLS: REVIEW
May 3, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #137 of 697
Others should please comment on these points also, if possible.
The isolation is great, these are closed and made for professional studio use where isolation is important. They are fully circumaural with an oval ear cup. I have large ears the lobes of which protrude out the bottom a very little bit. I have found it good to fully extend the head band before putting the RP-15's on then adjusting, they fit snugly but comfortably as well.

May 3, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #138 of 697
For those wondering about the unamped highs roll-off for the 15s: it is much less noticeable now that they've had a chance to burn-in for awhile. Keep in mind that my initial impressions where I first talked about the lack of highs they were literally being used for the very first time right out of the box. As I listen to them now, even after getting less than 20 hours of burn in and running unamped from my Ipod, the issue seems to have resolved itself. In fact, the unamped sound all-around has improved a lot, even the soundstage seems larger. These really are great headphones, and they keep getting better every time I listen to them.

May 4, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #139 of 697
So has anyone else had experience with the EA cans yet? My RP-21s are on the way and I can't wait
eggosmile.gif

May 4, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #141 of 697
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 the highs develop with some burn in.

I'm glad to hear it, but my wallet disagrees.
tongue.gif

EDIT: I take it by your "Profound Realization" (nice drawing, BTW) that the RP-15MCs now outperform your ATH-SJ5s? I'm relatively satisfied with the SJ5s myself, but they don't bring the "oh snap!" out of me, that's for sure. What are your updated impressions of the RP-15 vs. SJ5, especially in the unamped portable realm?

May 4, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #142 of 697
I'd really like to get the coiled cable as well. Is it possible to purchase them from EA directly? Are there any authorized dealers that just sell the coiled cable (preferably that can be ordered online)?

May 4, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #143 of 697
I haven't found any dealers who stock the cables. I'm sure you can talk don hindenach into ordering some for you, but you'd have to discuss pricing with him directly. The price would probably change a lot depending on whether or not you want to wait for him to need to order more microphones.

May 4, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #145 of 697
Hi Debaser, you can order your cables via paypal sybrsound@aol.com (IN) or any other website dealer listed in the previous pages of this forum including Don H. (OH) or Steve M.(MN). You can also PM me for other authorized web dealers or local dealer that can order any Equation product/parts for you in San Diego (2 places).
Other Questions have been responded to for the most part earlier in this forum, take some time and read through. Everything about Equation makes us different than other headphones in our full retail price range, but don't let me spoil your exploratory fun. Questions I have not answered can be re-posted, I will do my best to make time to answer any and all questions about Equation EarTools headphones. Thanks, Dave - Equation Audio

May 4, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #146 of 697
Hi again, As to dealers that stock cables, hardly any do because we currently provide cables as replacement parts for our dealers when they need them. Otherwise current stock replaces cables for the customer under our 2 year or 1 year warranty as needed. We are 4 years into our growth and until recently we have not had the requests for them as direct consumer choices, but certainly they are available. I am 99.9% certain you will have to order from an authorized dealer of your choice. Equation Proprietary Cables for RP-21/RP-22X straight or coiled ($11.95), RP-15MC/EP-3070 ($6.95). Screw on/push on 1/8" to 1/4" adapters are the only 'cable related' parts we offer dealers or consumers. Thanks, Dave - Equation Audio

May 4, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #147 of 697
Oh, cool! I looked up the locations of the two authorized dealers in my city and I actually live only 10 minutes away from one of them. I think I'll go in there sometime soon and see if they can order the cable for me. I've been meaning to check out some of the audio stores around here to see if they have anything cool anyway. Thanks Sybrsound!

May 4, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #148 of 697
Dave, any plans for an authorized dealer within Boston?
wink.gif
Professional Audio Design in Rockland isn't so far off, but their hours are sort of crazy: 10-6 and only on weekdays. How's a working man to cope?
rolleyes.gif

May 5, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #149 of 697
Hi Epithetless- Sorry for the weird hours of our closest dealer, its gotta be a sound guy thing.... I'd bet money.

If you call and leave a message about your needs I bet you might hear back. If your looking to demo ......hmmmmm. They carry our RP-21s at this time. They work great with the Aviom monitoring mixers for live stage use. The isolation is great without the head squeeze. Other EarTools models and cables they can order for you.

If however you have a favorite independent retailer/mom and pop shop closer to you that you know of, and interested in becoming an Equation Dealer feel free to send me their contact info by private email only please.
When they pay for their first order I will send you one EarTools headphone of your choice. Hows that for consumer support.

Same offer applies to everyone else that has the need to establish a local source to get your Equation EarTools fix.

Thanks for sharing your angst.

Dave Sears- Equation Audio

May 7, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #150 of 697
Dave, how can these 'phones be so inexpensive? From what I've read here they'll go up against headphones of three or four times the price. I'm a firm believer in the idea that "anything that seems too good to be true, probably is" but there are deals... I'm looking for cans to replace my Shure E500 because they make my ears itch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back