ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Nov 29, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #961 of 1,237
I been listening with the  Cavalli LAu as my main amp with the Oppo BDP 105 DAC and do not find the Dharma bright. Transparent  keep coming to my mind. A lean presentation and clear window into the music. Excellent integration of the bass driver with the electrostatic  midrange and  high end and very easy to drive. Using the Nordost Heimdall cable really allows me to hear the inner detail come through.I do not feel these are bright. Enjoyable headphones. 

Nov 29, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #962 of 1,237
  I been listening with the  Cavalli LAu as my main amp with the Oppo BDP 105 DAC and do not find the Dharma bright. Transparent  keep coming to my mind. A lean presentation and clear window into the music. Excellent integration of the bass driver with the electrostatic  midrange and  high end and very easy to drive. Using the Nordost Heimdall cable really allows me to hear the inner detail come through.I do not feel these are bright. Enjoyable headphones. 

How do you feel they stack up against other TOTL headphones?

Nov 29, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #963 of 1,237
  How do you feel they stack up against other TOTL headphones?

They are excellent headphones in my opinion. They do belong in the TOTL category and perform well agains similar prices TOTL headphones and offer a different presentation with a clear open window into the music.  The midrange is excellent and the treble is up there some of the best I have heard. the bass is good and it has enough impact-bass competes well with others in its class but not a  as defined as more expensive models.

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #965 of 1,237
Reviews of the Dharmas are starting to seem like Elvis sightings - are they real or imaginary?!

Seriously though, I hope they can fix whatever production issues they are encountering before everyone who is waiting for them loses their patience. Me? I ain't waiting. Life's too short. I've got myself a pair of TH900s instead. Will reconsider getting the Dharmas as and when they become available.

Nov 30, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #966 of 1,237
What production issues are you referring to? 

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #967 of 1,237
Has anyone carefully compared this headphone with the HE1000.   

I have the HE1000 for test period that end tomorrow, so.... I must now decide HE1000 or Dharma :)

Dec 1, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #968 of 1,237
  Has anyone carefully compared this headphone with the HE1000.   

I have the HE1000 for test period that end tomorrow, so.... I must now decide HE1000 or Dharma :)

i dont know any of the two....but with the pricing of the he 1000, if you buy the dharma with the difference in dollars you can buy the microzotl and a good power supply, hence the he 1000 must be better than the Dharma , way , way better...To date the Dharma had no really negative review apart from some dissent one or two i think...For me it will probably be the dharma....dollars speaks...
atsmile.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #970 of 1,237
Has someone heard the ENIGMAcoustics Athena A1 ?  is it available now ? 

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #971 of 1,237
  Has someone heard the ENIGMAcoustics Athena A1 ?  is it available now ? 

My understanding is that it's not ready for prime time yet.  I think they may be launching it at CES?  Don't quote me on that tho.

I heard a pre-production one at CanJam Socal and missed it at RMAF.  It's been long enough that I can't really give any good impressions on it other than to say it looks awesome.  lol

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #973 of 1,237
I heard it at RMAF and was impressed. i am waiting for the unit. The unit I heard was an improvement  ove the one I heard in the spring at SoCal.

Anyone who has these or has extensive trial with them, and a SMALL HEAD, how do these fit for you? I tried them last night but was not a good listening environment, but my smallish head found them too large (but very comfortable, if they would fit it). Anyone know if these are adjustable to fit smaller heads?

Dec 4, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #974 of 1,237
Anyone who has these or has extensive trial with them, and a SMALL HEAD, how do these fit for you? I tried them last night but was not a good listening environment, but my smallish head found them too large (but very comfortable, if they would fit it). Anyone know if these are adjustable to fit smaller heads?

They fit for me is good but my head is  small. The fit  adjusted to my head. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back