ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Nov 5, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #677 of 1,237
Yes I have seen the MHDT Labs Pagoda too. Reviews aren't many but I suspect it might be a step up from say a DAC-19. Although I'm not sure about a tube DAC. I don't mind adding some color through the amp with tubes, but I think I want the DAC Ultra neutral.

If it's like my Havana dac, the tube is only a buffer.
Haven't looked yet.

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #678 of 1,237
Nov 5, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #681 of 1,237
Ordered mine from TTVJ - he's supposed to receive his initial shipment tomorrow and then ship out the units that are sold. 

Hope to have it in house next week...............very excited as the audition unit sold me on this big time. 

Nov 5, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #682 of 1,237
  Ordered mine from TTVJ - he's supposed to receive his initial shipment tomorrow and then ship out the units that are sold. 

Hope to have it in house next week...............very excited as the audition unit sold me on this big time. 

Excellent news.  I can't wait until it is my turn.  Could be a while since I think I am last on the list.  From everything I've been reading I am ready to pull the trigger.  Just need to verify for myself.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #683 of 1,237
Nov 6, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #686 of 1,237
  I'm blind, can't find anywhere in EU that's offering a pre-order anyhows

http://shop.audionext.de/de/ENIGMAcoustics-Dharma-D1000?x2d288=160dbe69784b2a1722280e93e95287f8&info=529

But It is 1595 euro!!!! Why?

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #687 of 1,237
Guess because EU logic -> 1199$ = 1199Euro + 400Euros VAT... Should have been 1499Euros at worst though...
Still, let's wait if there is not a cheaper option, otherwise it would probably be cheaper to import from overseas 
redface.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #689 of 1,237
I recently stopped by Moon Audio to audition the LCD 3, when Drew happened to mention that he had a Dharma sitting on his shelf. After I waited a few minutes for him to find a 3.5mm adaptor so that I could use it with my Chord Mojo, I sat down with the Dharma for a short listening session.

Simply put: this headphone is amazing! I couldn't find any flaw in its' sound signature. I would have to describe its tonality as neutral, but not in the boring way that other neutral headphones can sound. The bass was powerful, the mids were rich and full, and the treble was well extended and detailed without any hint of sibilance. Despite how detailed the treble was, I didn't find the Dharma to be harsh or fatiguing at all. Also, the sound stage was very large, almost on par with the HD800s.

I was superbly impressed by the Dharma and would not be surprised if this amazing headphone becomes a bestseller once more people get an opportunity to hear them.

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #690 of 1,237
  I recently stopped by Moon Audio to audition the LCD 3, when Drew happened to mention that he had a Dharma sitting on his shelf. After I waited a few minutes for him to find a 3.5mm adaptor so that I could use it with my Chord Mojo, I sat down with the Dharma for a short listening session.

Simply put: this headphone is amazing! I couldn't find any flaw in its' sound signature. I would have to describe its tonality as neutral, but not in the boring way that other neutral headphones can sound. The bass was powerful, the mids were rich and full, and the treble was well extended and detailed without any hint of sibilance. Despite how detailed the treble was, I didn't find the Dharma to be harsh or fatiguing at all. Also, the sound stage was very large, almost on par with the HD800s.

I was superbly impressed by the Dharma and would not be surprised if this amazing headphone becomes a bestseller once more people get an opportunity to hear them.

How was the fit/comfort?   Are the cups big enough so that they don't sit on your ears?  Are they heavy like an LCD or light like an Ether? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back