ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Sep 8, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #511 of 1,237
  Can anyone comment on how sibilant these are? Or revealing of sibilance?
[A comparison to the Ether/HEK would be awesome, but I think asking that is unreasonable :D

I don't find any of the three headphones you mentioned to be sibilant with any sort of regularity. The Dharma I heard probably has a touch more treble than the other two and might reveal sibilance more easily, but I found it to be pretty easy on the ears overall, even with tracks that are normally a little hot. It's been a few weeks now, but I do remember talking to other Head-Fi'ers about how the treble felt like it was in a well-calculated "safe" zone. However, everyone has different sensitivities, so YMMV.

Sep 10, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #513 of 1,237
have they ship yet? if no why, lie to us? no likee grrrrr

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #514 of 1,237
Official production model Dharma headphones on their way to us today!  They will be our demo model to show to potential customers while we wait for the container full of new stock to arrive in port in CA soon...  Very excited to see the full production models!

It's been hilarious to watch the facial reactions of folks that come in to demo and listen to the pre-production model we've had here... They were not expecting what the Dharma could do.  One customer that came in to listen to some "budget" options for headphones tried the Dharma on, listened for about 1.5 minutes with his jaw hanging down, then told me to take them away and not let him see them anymore... he didn't want to ruin himself any worse and risk divorce... he could already tell he wanted them badly and didn't want to torture himself any more than he already had.... 

Very excited!!!

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #515 of 1,237
Nice! Very excited as well.
Btw, is the MSRP still at 1199$ 
popcorn.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #516 of 1,237
After intensively auditioning the Dharmas over the course of several days--I think these are a great pair of cans. The Dharmas are not at all picky about amps and I was surprised at the soundstage and imaging out of a Magni/Modi. They sounded great out of every system I tried so you don't need a TOTL amp/DAC (although they sound pretty good out of the Rag/Yggy). They're a fun and exhilarating listen. I hope the build/fit issues have been addressed--that was the only fly in the ointment.

Sep 15, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #517 of 1,237
  After intensively auditioning the Dharmas over the course of several days--I think these are a great pair of cans. The Dharmas are not at all picky about amps and I was surprised at the soundstage and imaging out of a Magni/Modi. They sounded great out of every system I tried so you don't need a TOTL amp/DAC (although they sound pretty good out of the Rag/Yggy). They're a fun and exhilarating listen. I hope the build/fit issues have been addressed--that was the only fly in the ointment.

Can you expound on that comment? 

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #518 of 1,237
Can you expound on that comment? 

The Dharma has virtually no clamping pressure and no user sizing adjustments. The sole adjustment is a spring-loaded yoke and on the pre-production model, the springs were too loose--allowing the headphone to drop down too far on the head. At our meet, I saw a user shift his head and the Dharma fell right off. There were also some aspects to the fit and finish that aren't in line with a $1200 headphone. My understanding is that some or all of these issues are being addressed in the production model.

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #519 of 1,237
The Dharma has virtually no clamping pressure and no user sizing adjustments. The sole adjustment is a spring-loaded yoke and on the pre-production model, the springs were too loose--allowing the headphone to drop down too far on the head. At our meet, I saw a user shift his head and the Dharma fell right off. There were also some aspects to the fit and finish that aren't in line with a $1200 headphone. My understanding is that some or all of these issues are being addressed in the production model.

Thanks for the input.  I prefer a semi-tight fit so a floppy loose fit won't make me happy.  Hope they did solve it!

Sep 16, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #521 of 1,237
I was walking down to our credit union to get the funds to send to TTVJ Audio to order the Dharma and then it hit me so I sat back down at my desk and wrote down what I spent already this year plus what orders were still outstanding and I just couldn't finish the order for the Dharma.  This hobby is truly an addiction.  
eek.gif

Sep 17, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #522 of 1,237
  I was walking down to our credit union to get the funds to send to TTVJ Audio to order the Dharma and then it hit me so I sat back down at my desk and wrote down what I spent already this year plus what orders were still outstanding and I just couldn't finish the order for the Dharma.  This hobby is truly an addiction.  
eek.gif

I think everyone should do this!!

It is quite eye-opening to see how the costs add up in this hobby.

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #524 of 1,237
You can always sell something else.. Is what I do :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back