ENIGMAcoustics Dharma
Jan 24, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #182 of 1,237
+1 i agree...a loaner pair to go around the more experienced headfi'ers would certainly help to uncover what the dharma is and what she delivers...some of us have very high end rigs to test those headphones out to its extreme and give us all more info about how it sounds and give us more insights what its weaknesnesses are and its strenghts
wink.gif

I would suggest three loaners to roulate between certain more experienced headfi'ers, one for the americas, one for europe and one for asia (eastern) countries

Does anyone know if they actually know about this thread???????? As i didnt see any post of the manufacturer (or its marketing man) on this thread....maybe an idea to let them know about this thread????

With this said i wouldnt mind hooking the dharma up to my PaG and compare her to my wonderful Code-X.

Anyone knows what connectors they use on the dharma? Mini XLR? Or what hifiman uses?

They are aware of this thread.  I contacted them via Facebook and they directed me here.  I haven't seen anyone from ENIGMAacoustics post anything here tho.  

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #183 of 1,237
hope more open, better air and a lot faster

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #184 of 1,237
I had a listen to these at CES and was impressed at the price. Definitely not vaporware, and the amp they were working on the pair with it was pretty sexy to boot. Think WA7 design. All prototype and subject to change of course.

Had a chat with one of their reps and they'll be at Canjam. They definitely know about Head-Fi so I'm optimistic they kill it with a great launch. 

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #185 of 1,237
  I had a listen to these at CES and was impressed at the price. Definitely not vaporware, and the amp they were working on the pair with it was pretty sexy to boot. Think WA7 design. All prototype and subject to change of course.

Had a chat with one of their reps and they'll be at Canjam. They definitely know about Head-Fi so I'm optimistic they kill it with a great launch. 

Which qualities stood out to you most when you had a listen? And were they comfortable? 

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #186 of 1,237

Should I wait to see these on Massdrop?

Or even start a poll there?

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #190 of 1,237
Jan 27, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #192 of 1,237
  Definitely no harm, but really too early to tell. Was just chiming in as an enthusiast that had a favorable first impression of the headphone. 

And a few more details of that impression would be....?  

tongue.gif

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #193 of 1,237

And a few more details of that impression would be....?  

tongue.gif

Sorry, I actually left that out because it's fuzzy - the headphone impressed me enough for me to want to stick around and talk to their team about the drivers and design. I ended up running into trouble after making it back home and wound up in a hospital with a concussion so you'll have to spare me the rod for now. If I get a chance to listen to it again before Canjam I'll be sure to give you a full report! 

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #194 of 1,237
  Sorry, I actually left that out because it's fuzzy - the headphone impressed me enough for me to want to stick around and talk to their team about the drivers and design. I ended up running into trouble after making it back home and wound up in a hospital with a concussion so you'll have to spare me the rod for now. If I get a chance to listen to it again before Canjam I'll be sure to give you a full report! 

Ok that's a deal :)  Sorry to hear about the concussion...you doing okay? 

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #195 of 1,237
It probably makes more sense to encourage ENIGMAcoustics to seriously pursue finding distrbution & dealer
networks

Descriptive impressions are somewhat meaningless to many of us without of point of reference that we can relate to.
I may've listened to music someone else had or never consider getting within 5ft of the same music. I consider how well
recorded in general some music is as critical to whether I would even want to torture myself listening to it. Naming
what you listened to on what label & format gives me that point of reference. We're not talking about $50 headphones
so GiGO (Garbage In Garbage Out) factoring is at work here (another point of "meaningful" information.

Unless you are someone who's nickname is "lucky". I like to have something a lot more solid than. "I took a listen at the show (no source information) & I thought they sounded warm. (maybe you needed to "take your coat off" for all I know)

I think it's pretty humorous that people become "encouraged" or "discouraged" from some small "snippet" they read
(Unless of course everyone knows everyone else, except for myself) & my name is not "Lucky"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back