Endgame for Metal Music
Sep 1, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #16 of 16
You know, I think I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the Atticus. The only things holding me back would be the exchange rate being really bad and also selecting a new amp for them. Now, I know that ZMFs are supposed to work best with high-end tube amps and I've heard they can be amp picky, but I just would really prefer not to mess around with tube amps at this stage. Are there any solid-state amps out there that are known to work well with the Atticus? I've heard the Head Amp Gilmore is apparently good with the ZMFs? Other than that, I'm not too sure. Thanks for all your help and input so far.

I bought the Gilmore Lite MK ll to drive my ATH AD2000s and AKG K701s,though I tried it with the Atticus,Empyrean,Aeolus and Verite as well. To me,the GLM2 was a bit soulless and sterile sounding. Perhaps im too used to OTL amps? I ended up selling it off. For solid state,I much prefer using one of my vintage receivers for ZMF headphones.

If you have zero'd in on the Atticus,I suggest looking in the Atticus page for suggested SS amp options,as this question gets asked a lot. I recall a few folks liking the GLM2 for ZMFs,im just not one of those people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back