End all "Which gaming headphones" Thread
Sep 13, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #138 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is a DSP and can I possibly still get one? Sorry I'm not too wizzy on this stuff.

Digital Signal Processing. Some Audio cards support DD 5.1 DSP for headphones for movies & gaming. There is also the JVC DD 5.1 adaptor which I recommended to someone on another site & he really likes it. 5.1 headphones that use 8 drivers are not very effective when it comes to accurate SS effects, & the overall SQ suffers as well.. Plus rumble function instead of bass
rolleyes.gif

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #139 of 142
Here's a new one I think?

Normal Bias Lambdas from around 1980. Best locating soundstage I have ever heard. Good bass too. These things are silly in the depth of the 3D imaging. Silly.

Sep 13, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #140 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a new one I think?

Normal Bias Lambdas from around 1980. Best locating soundstage I have ever heard. Good bass too. These things are silly in the depth of the 3D imaging. Silly.

Yes.. Overall, Electro's are best for gaming..

Sep 13, 2007 at 11:47 AM Post #141 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JVC DD 5.1 adaptor

Batteries D:

Isn't there something that takes 5.1 analogue signal from my pc and converts it to simulated surround sound through stereo? Preferably something that would actually work.

Sep 18, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #142 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Brick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Batteries D:

Isn't there something that takes 5.1 analogue signal from my pc and converts it to simulated surround sound through stereo? Preferably something that would actually work.

Do the following, very simple:

(1) Optical out (5.1) --> Optical cable (mini to mini) --> JVC SU-DH1 (set to dolby headphone) -->Headphones

or

(2) Line out (Stereo) --> JVC SU-DH1 (set to Pro Logic) --> Headphones

I think the A40 mixamp has a coaxial input on it. That might work if you have a coaxial output on you soundcard/source. I believe coaxial sends 5.1/6.1 analog (bitsream/pcm?). It can be powered by USB (no batteries).

The only other option is a receiver or desktop surround speaker set that has discreet analog inputs for each channel.

JVC is the cheapest and the simplest solution I think. You need to give more info on the output connectivity options available to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back