Empyrean elite
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #121 of 279
All the Empyrean Elite info is up on the website now:

https://mezeaudio.com/collections/all/products/elite

From what I can tell, the only thing different except for the appearance is that they use a thinner plastic film for the drivers.
The frame is still aluminum as predicted.

"The polymer is produced with bespoke sequential biaxial lengthening technology, a process that involves stretching the polymer in transverse directions at elevated temperatures to improve structural performance."

That's a very common film processing technique with many existing off the shelf materials available, such as BOPET, BOPP, etc. :smirk:

Since the magnets are apparently the same, I worry about the reduced mass of the drivers causing reduced impact/dynamics.
Well the Text has more Info.
"With a custom, newly designed driver, created by Rinaro Isodynamics, ELITE is the result of 3 years of research and development through which we strived to create a powerful, lifelike, and immersive experience that awakens the senses of the listener"
"The MZ3SE driver builds on the pioneering technology of the flagship MZ3 driver found in the Empyrean headphone. The innovative Isodynamic Hybrid Array technology delivers a more selective acoustic performance to the various areas within the structure of the ear. Advances in diaphragm materials have opened the doors to even higher resolution and accuracy of the sound reproduction, setting a new benchmark in headphone design."

Additionally a new pad. The Elite comes with Alcantara + new hybrid pads
"
02. LEATHER + ALCANTARA® HYBRID
With a soft, yet durable outer finish, the HYBRID ear cushions are a new addition to our earpad family that perfectly balances the qualities of Alcantara and leather into a single design. Besides the high wearing comfort, this unique combo lowers the bass pressure and delivers an airy sound signature, in which sound waves appear to trancend the space around you to create an immersive experience."

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #122 of 279
"With a custom, newly designed driver, created by Rinaro Isodynamics, ELITE is the result of 3 years of research and development through which we strived to create a powerful, lifelike, and immersive experience that awakens the senses of the listener"
"The MZ3SE driver builds on the pioneering technology of the flagship MZ3 driver found in the Empyrean headphone. The innovative Isodynamic Hybrid Array technology delivers a more selective acoustic performance to the various areas within the structure of the ear. Advances in diaphragm materials have opened the doors to even higher resolution and accuracy of the sound reproduction, setting a new benchmark in headphone design."

"
With a soft, yet durable outer finish, the HYBRID ear cushions are a new addition to our earpad family that perfectly balances the qualities of Alcantara and leather into a single design. Besides the high wearing comfort, this unique combo lowers the bass pressure and delivers an airy sound signature, in which sound waves appear to trancend the space around you to create an immersive experience."

1. That only talks about the thinner plastic.
2. Aren't the pads the same as the previous version?

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #123 of 279

"
Totally unrelated, I find myself $4006 poorer than I was an hour ago… :wink:

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #125 of 279
1. That only talks about the thinner plastic.
2. Aren't the pads the same as the previous version?
1.I dunno what else changed, but at least from the specs it has like half the distortion, even wider frequency Spektrum extremes and slightly different impedance.
I will inquire for frequency response graphs tomorrow though.

2.No it even is in the text I posted, that those are a new addition.
(The elite comes with the same Alcantara pads as well though)

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #126 of 279
Totally unrelated, I find myself $4006 poorer than I was an hour ago… :wink:
I pre ordered some time ago, but won't get charged until they ship.

Maybe my Empyrean goes up for sale soon to rectify the spending.

Aug 31, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #128 of 279
Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #129 of 279
I blindly purchased the Elite 🤷‍♂️

I’ve been interested in the Empyrean, so now with the Elite, it seemed like a good time to try it out.

My last blind headphone purchase was an eventual letdown (Solitaire P), so hopefully this has a better outcome :thinking:

Aug 31, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #130 of 279

I’ve been interested in the Empyrean, so now with the Elite, it seemed like a good time to try it out.

My last blind headphone purchase was an eventual letdown (Solitaire P), so hopefully this has a better outcome :thinking:
When will you get it? I wonder if US retailers already have them in stock..

Aug 31, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #131 of 279
Damn EE looks incredible. Do you guys like the black and silver or copper and black more ?

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #133 of 279

Same here! I'm winging it. I loved the original. But was dying for more resolution!

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #135 of 279
I believe some US retailers do. I can confirm that we have them in stock at launch (although just like Empy launch, stock is going to be very limited at first).
Haha, thanks for making me number one with Alan! I'm super-excited. To be let down once again from headphones lol. Just kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back