Empyrean elite
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #136 of 279
Well the Text has more Info.
"With a custom, newly designed driver, created by Rinaro Isodynamics, ELITE is the result of 3 years of research and development through which we strived to create a powerful, lifelike, and immersive experience that awakens the senses of the listener"
"The MZ3SE driver builds on the pioneering technology of the flagship MZ3 driver found in the Empyrean headphone. The innovative Isodynamic Hybrid Array technology delivers a more selective acoustic performance to the various areas within the structure of the ear. Advances in diaphragm materials have opened the doors to even higher resolution and accuracy of the sound reproduction, setting a new benchmark in headphone design."

Additionally a new pad. The Elite comes with Alcantara + new hybrid pads
"
02. LEATHER + ALCANTARA® HYBRID
With a soft, yet durable outer finish, the HYBRID ear cushions are a new addition to our earpad family that perfectly balances the qualities of Alcantara and leather into a single design. Besides the high wearing comfort, this unique combo lowers the bass pressure and delivers an airy sound signature, in which sound waves appear to trancend the space around you to create an immersive experience."
I would possess an interest to know of what that sound performance possibly would be, for those original Empyreans, together with utilising those HYBRID ear cushions.

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #137 of 279
I blindly purchased the Elite 🤷‍♂️

I’ve been interested in the Empyrean, so now with the Elite, it seemed like a good time to try it out.

My last blind headphone purchase was an eventual letdown (Solitaire P), so hopefully this has a better outcome :thinking:
This will be interesting.

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #138 of 279
I feel like the EE should take the $3k spot and the OG Empyrean should be discounted to a more reasonable price. I'm so tired of the audio industry price gouging for what is basically a QOL update to a product.

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #139 of 279
1. That only talks about the thinner plastic.
2. Aren't the pads the same as the previous version?

The driver seems to be whats thinner.

Also they mention the new diaphragm weight is 0.16g --> 0.11g

Screenshot_20210901-023128_Edge.jpg

On a side note, it now seems to be an order of magnitude less THD. 0.1% --> 0.05%
Though not sure if that has any noticable implications.

Either way this is just objective facts, hopefully users can tell us the end result is higher resolution and if there is a new tonality.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #140 of 279
Aug 31, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #142 of 279
The driver seems to be whats thinner.

Also they mention the new diaphragm weight is 0.16g --> 0.11g

On a side note, it now seems to be an order of magnitude less THD. 0.1% --> 0.05%
Though not sure if that has any noticable implications.

Either way this is just objective facts, hopefully users can tell us the end result is higher resolution and if there is a new tonality.

Yeah I commented on the plastic being thinner and how what they're describing there as some magic, state of the art, bespoke thing is actually super common.

The polymer is produced with bespoke sequential biaxial lengthening technology, a process that involves stretching the polymer in transverse directions at elevated temperatures to improve structural performance. This result is a complex semi-crystalline micro structure developing in the material, which exhibits remarkable strength, stiffness, and stability, combined with an extremely low acoustic mass.
"Ooh! Bespoke Sequential Biaxial Lengthening Technology! Or BS BLT for short!"

They literally stretch the plastic in two directions, one then the other, as they're making it.
It's a super common process used with a bunch of different types of plastic film.

They almost seem desperate to make it sound better than it is.

Also it's available on Headphones.com now with free overnight shipping, and now there's a bloom audio review on Youtube.

https://www.headphones.com/products/meze-audio-empyrean-elite-flagship-planar-magnetic-headphone

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #143 of 279
I feel like the EE should take the $3k spot and the OG Empyrean should be discounted to a more reasonable price. I'm so tired of the audio industry price gouging for what is basically a QOL update to a product.
While I don't really have a problem with it, as long as you have people lining up to buy at these prices, sight unseen and unheard...this one-upmanship on prices will keep on keeping on. Until the hobby's collective hands go up and say, enough is enough, only then will maybe companies take notice. Based on what I see, don't hold your breath.

Until then.....it's much like the old phrase: Why does a dog lick its sack? Because he can.

Aug 31, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #144 of 279
While I don't really have a problem with it, as long as you have people lining up to buy at these prices, sight unseen and unheard...this one-upmanship on prices will keep on keeping on. Until the hobby's collective hands go up and say, enough is enough, only then will maybe companies take notice. Based on what I see, don't hold your breath.

Until then.....it's much like the old phrase: Why does a dog lick its sack? Because he can.
I know. I don't doubt the rest of the industry is taking note either.

Sep 1, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #145 of 279
Looks really impressive. Excited to see how this turns out compared to the empyrean

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #147 of 279
Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #150 of 279
When Meze first surfaced the products seemed good vfm. Now they’ve gained a strong market presence the hype has well and truly taken hold and the pricing reflects what they believe the market will bear. World beating this and world class that…. Spare me please!
I'm sure it’s very decent and soon we’ll be told that the original is deeply flawed and the Elite is the latest gift to mankind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back