Empyrean elite
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #106 of 279
Honestly I find it weird too but actually guys ask your local Meze dealers.
I am also just a private like you and just asked around, no specific vitamin d relations...

Aug 31, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #107 of 279
I did inquire a few months ago. They just said it was a limited production (I just wanted the black adjustment rods) and they didn’t have any.
Well the Elite has also black rods, so from now on they should have them all the time

Aug 31, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #108 of 279
It is not weird at all.
Dealers are supposed to have stock in order to start sales as long as the product is officially announced after the embargo ends.
That is tomorrow if nothing has changed.
That doesn't mean that they where allowed to sale and ship before the official release.
Strictly prohibited.

Aug 31, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #109 of 279
It is not weird at all.
Dealers are supposed to have stock in order to start sales as long as the product is officially announced after the embargo ends.
That is tomorrow if nothing has changed.
That doesn't mean that they where allowed to sale and ship before the official release.
Strictly prohibited.
They are usually allowed to take pre orders tho.
Only premature shipping is prohibited

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #111 of 279
This release was strictly confidential and embargoed.
In that case it went wrong on so many levels...
The "Dark Mystery" Was announced and able to preorder since april

Aug 31, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #114 of 279
Are you sure or speculating?
Because my knowledge tells me the other way, since dealers where not aware of the release until very recently.
100% sure

https://headphone.shop/de/Meze-empyrean-dunkles-Geheimnis/

It's an article released on 10th of April 2021
It includes that it will be more than a facelift and will have sound differences.

Also states that it will be limited to 50 pieces and only a few of those will be available this year. Therefore you should contact them and reserve/pre order yours.
Release in autumn 2021.

Sure this is only about the limited Edition.
However that all the R&D for a different sounding Empyrean won't stay limited wasn't far fetched

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #116 of 279
Well it seems that some dealers couldn't hold their mouth.
Although the Dark mystery seems like a speculation and not a real announcement.
Anyway time passed away and we are ready for the official announcement.
I'm pretty sure that the Dark Mystery part Was in agreement with Meze.
This particular dealer seems to have a special affiliations with them, considering it has 2 special Editions exclusive to his Shop.

Aug 31, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #117 of 279
I'm pretty sure that the Dark Mystery part Was in agreement with Meze.
This particular dealer seems to have a special affiliations with them, considering it has 2 special Editions exclusive to his Shop.
Yes , that might be the case although it is unfair for the other dealers.

Aug 31, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #118 of 279
All the Empyrean Elite info is up on the website now:

https://mezeaudio.com/collections/all/products/elite

From what I can tell, the only thing different except for the appearance is that they use a thinner plastic film for the drivers.
The frame is still aluminum as predicted.

"The polymer is produced with bespoke sequential biaxial lengthening technology, a process that involves stretching the polymer in transverse directions at elevated temperatures to improve structural performance."

That's a very common film processing technique with many existing off the shelf materials available, such as BOPET, BOPP, etc. :smirk:

Since the magnets are apparently the same, I worry about the reduced mass of the drivers causing reduced impact/dynamics.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #119 of 279
How freakin' pretty and sleek the revision look is almost worth the price of admission. But it's not.

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #120 of 279
Hmm, maybe Meze should make it more clear in layman's terms what exactly you get for 1k extra except the new aesthetics. I shouldn't have to read the upcoming reviews to get a somewhat clear picture what the difference is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back