Empyrean elite
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #151 of 279
When Meze first surfaced the products seemed good vfm. Now they’ve gained a strong market presence the hype has well and truly taken hold and the pricing reflects what they believe the market will bear. World beating this and world class that…. Spare me please!
I'm sure it’s very decent and soon we’ll be told that the original is deeply flawed and the Elite is the latest gift to mankind.
Most audiophiles that have heard several flagships already say that the Empyrean is deeply flawed. I am really curious how this will turn out for someone like me who actually likes some of those "flaws"

Mezes product history certainly is special. Starting with budget headphones and then going straight for several flagships.

However don't worry, Meze has several new releases for next year in the 500-2000€ categories.

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:04 AM Post #152 of 279
Another temping headphone, I guess I'll be spending my nights on the couch for the rest of the year.
I probably shouldn't ask, but is it because you will Fall asleep there while listening to headphones or because the wife bans you from the sleeping room due to exzessive spending on headphones...

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #153 of 279
Nice review but in the Elite vs Empyrean is focused in qualities and technicalities, he doesn't talk about frequency response differences.

Guess that I will have to wait a few days to find out by myself.

He says it's more balanced and has more bass presence... Seems to be a contradiction to me. :p

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #154 of 279
He says it's more balanced and has more bass presence... Seems to be a contradiction to me. :p
He likely meant less bass presence.

For those that like the og Empyreans Bass presence, the Empyreans leather pads could give it back

Sep 1, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #156 of 279
Sep 1, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #158 of 279
here is the comparison portion from the review.

++

The original Empyrean to me sounds less balanced, less clean and it isn’t as precise, controlled, fast and refined as the new ELITE. In the original Empyrean complex passages sound more messy, less articulated and this isn’t the case at all with the ELITE. To my ears everything is more balanced, clear and in place with the ELITE. It does that in a very effortless way and it makes the ELITE easier to listen to. Add better speed, tightness and extension to that, and you have the top performing ELITE.

In the ELITE version the bass presence seems higher, but it’s more refined, faster, clean and detailed (the presence also depends on the pads and amp used). Bass also feels more balanced with the rest. The ELITE actually is more refined and precise from top to bottom, with a higher level of detail retrieval and clarity overall.

With all the different pads available for the original and new Empyrean, it’s not the easiest to compare these two headphones but they really do sound different and alike at the same time. You can hear it’s family. To me the Empyrean was already good and very musical, but the ELITE performs at a higher technical level.

I’ve been going back and forth between these headphones for many days now and while they both have their own characteristics and strengths, I do keep going back to the ELITE as it’s more precise, clean and technically strong. In the end it comes down to what kind of tuning you prefer. If you like the exact tuning of the regular Empyrean, you might not like the Elite. If you feel the Empyrean can be improved in clarity, speed and precision, then the ELITE might be the one suiting your tastes best.

Sep 1, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #159 of 279
Sep 1, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #160 of 279
I am now in too with Dark Mystery, couldn't resist the design - though it will take a while to be delivered 🙄

Sep 1, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #161 of 279
I am now in too with Dark Mystery, couldn't resist the design - though it will take a while to be delivered 🙄
One of us, one of us!

Sep 1, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #162 of 279
I've had my OG Empyrean for a couple of months now, and the only thing about it that wasn't quite to my liking was the lack of detail. The Elite seems to be what the Empyrean should always have been. My only issue is I don't like how it looks. For £1000 more, I think it looks inferior to my copper Empyrean - if only there were a scheme to swap out the drivers...

Sep 1, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #163 of 279
I've had my OG Empyrean for a couple of months now, and the only thing about it that wasn't quite to my liking was the lack of detail. The Elite seems to be what the Empyrean should always have been. My only issue is I don't like how it looks. For £1000 more, I think it looks inferior to my copper Empyrean - if only there were a scheme to swap out the drivers...
In theory this would ve possible, since driver and chassis have the same size, maybe ask Meze for a custom upgrade.

They are hand made anyways, so this might be possible.

Asking doesn't hurt

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #164 of 279
In theory this would ve possible, since driver and chassis have the same size, maybe ask Meze for a custom upgrade.

Asking doesn't hurt
Very interesting general question.
Really curious for the answer as for sure all current old Empy owners

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #165 of 279

Asking doesn't hurt
Great idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back