Empire Ears Zeus Impressions Thread - World's First 14 Driver IEM
Apr 4, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #76 of 201
This might not be up everyone's alley in terms of music taste, but Explosions in the Sky has a brand new album that is positively sublime with the Zeus. Really exploits the Zeus' strengths in layering, instrument placement and positioning. 

Dammit, I can't concentrate at work if I'm constantly getting chills from how beautiful each track is with these IEMs...

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #77 of 201
  This might not be up everyone's alley in terms of music taste, but Explosions in the Sky has a brand new album that is positively sublime with the Zeus. Really exploits the Zeus' strengths in layering, instrument placement and positioning. 

Dammit, I can't concentrate at work if I'm constantly getting chills from how beautiful each track is with these IEMs...

Thanks for the headsup, I'll definately try this album when I get my Zeus back ^^
btw, if you haven't yet already, check the free flac thread here, there's ton of good post-rock stuff in there.

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #78 of 201
  Thanks for the headsup, I'll definately try this album when I get my Zeus back ^^
btw, if you haven't yet already, check the free flac thread here, there's ton of good post-rock stuff in there.

Whoa, thanks for the heads up on that thread, Cagin! Hope you get your Zeus back soon...

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #79 of 201
Ordered Zeus and had impressions made at the Empire Ears booth at AXPONA over the weekend. Can't wait.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #81 of 201
Red translucent shell with light Abalone faceplate for the right. Blue for the left.

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #83 of 201
Be careful of fake EmpireEars going around. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #85 of 201
Hey everyone, check out @Jack Vang's post here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/786335/empire-ears-discussion-impressions-formerly-earwerkz/1650#post_12533341

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #86 of 201
Copying myself from this post: http://www.head-fi.org/t/786335/empire-ears-discussion-impressions-formerly-earwerkz/1665#post_12533396

Jack gave me the OK to give some brief impressions:

Last week he hit me up to see if I could find to stop by Empire's offices, and he had a mysterious universal Zeus waiting for me to listen to. He said nothing about what was different, just cryptically asking me "give it a listen and let me know what you think." 

About 10 seconds into the first track, I turned to Jack and said "is it just me or is the clarity on this model much better?" That was the most obvious change: noticeably improved clarity from top to bottom. It's not a subtle change either--it was obvious from the first few notes. I was stunned. Dean had made some sound tweaks that were a big leap forward in transparency while also lowering the sensitivity to make the Zeus play better with hissier sources. The OG Zeus had some bloom, particularly in the mids, that lent kind of a romantic tone to the sound while compromising absolute clarity. I personally liked that sound a lot, but I do have to say that the new version cuts down on that bloom while sacrificing none of the stellar qualities that the original had. Oh yeah, and it's significantly less hissy than the original when it comes to sources, as well as some more improvements that I'll touch on in a longer review in the coming weeks.

Needless to say I'm going to have mine upgraded to the new version, and I would urge everyone else to as well. 

TL;DR: the Zeus just got even better, y'all.

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #87 of 201
Who's else is gonna dip their toes into the water? I've already put on my mask&snorkel with my fins!

May 13, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #89 of 201
just curious for a bass lover which is the one to go for universal iem from empire ears, kinda basshead

May 13, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #90 of 201

Users who are viewing this thread

Back