Empire Ears Zeus Impressions Thread - World's First 14 Driver IEM
Dec 2, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #197 of 201
I've only heard the Zeus R Universal. How does it compare to the Zeus XIV?
R measures completely the same (FR wise), but just a few dB louder. But it at least has a feeling of slightly brighter signature, a little bit more aggressive than XIV. There's not a huge difference though, you can just live with R if you have it, no need to chase the XIV I think.

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #198 of 201
R measures completely the same (FR wise), but just a few dB louder. But it at least has a feeling of slightly brighter signature, a little bit more aggressive than XIV. There's not a huge difference though, you can just live with R if you have it, no need to chase the XIV I think.
I've had two customs: JH 13v2 Pro and previously owned the Unique Melody Miracle v1 (shell damaged and sold away). Both were bought blindly. The Miracle purchase was based on the reviews. I vaguely remember enjoying the sound a lot. The 13v2 was based on the reviews on the 13FP(v1) and the descriptions on 13v2. I'm not quite as satisfied with this blind purchase. I'm lucky to be able to afford such gambling descisions. I don't have both Zeus models. I've listened to the Zeus-R and I was hooked right away. I compared the 13v2 discovered there are sounds that are hidden compared to the Zeus-R. That was a huge surprise and was disappointing. I want to make a much better informed purchase this time that's why I haven't pulled the trigger on the Massdrop|Drop EE Zeus XIV. It's so tempting though because of the price but I'm afraid I won't hear those missing sounds from on the XIV. I don't live close to any shops that I can demo these things.

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #200 of 201
Massdrop x Zeus universal fit is in any way inferior to the standard issue Zeus?
From what i heard, yes. I havent trued the md but ive had the og zeus for 3 years. Fit was good but it would get a tad bit heavy every now and then.

May 19, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #201 of 201
From what i heard, yes. I havent trued the md but ive had the og zeus for 3 years. Fit was good but it would get a tad bit heavy every now and then.

I don't know if my ears canals are small or big - ears themselves are certainly small overall size compared to most other people's. FiiO FH7 fit me well, although I wouldn't be able to go for a jog in them. Massdrop x Zeus might prove to be too big or with too thick a nozzle for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back