Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 21, 2024 at 6:16 AM Post #40,651 of 40,710
Sorry, SR35 + Mojo2 + Odin
Nah, too much of a hassle. I use the SR35 on the go, mojo2 doesn't really dangle great from the pocket. It's great for desktop use at work with RS2 via coax. I've decided to add the elite in hopes I can expand SR35's potential in both my current uses - with adding a PB5 while I'm stationary (great results, really love this amp) and to maximise the SQ while on the move with the Elite. My current adventure with mobile equipment is full of contradictions. I started with Xperia I IV as it's one of the few phones with a 3,5 hole so I would always have a device ready for music. Then I added a SR35 as an endgame mobile source so I could finally be done with it. Hopefully, with the PB5 and the Elite, I'll have all my bases covered :)

I've also found a comfy cable for the Raven - Rn6 stock, lol - and I can hopefully tip roll as I've changed from my go to, the Omni, to the AET07 and there were no issues with fit. Hopefully, I can bust out my tip warchest tonight and find the top to rule them all SQ wise, as I usually settle for whatever is comfy for longer sessions since I've trouble with UIEM fit.

May 21, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #40,652 of 40,710
I'm curious, let us know what you think.
AET07 mid is more forward.
The Bass is slightly more detailed on AET07 (examples vibration on timpani more presence), however bass on the CP145 has more impact.
The highs is more livelier on AET07. Overall they are quite similar, but YMMV.

May 21, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #40,653 of 40,710
Nah, too much of a hassle. I use the SR35 on the go, mojo2 doesn't really dangle great from the pocket. It's great for desktop use at work with RS2 via coax. I've decided to add the elite in hopes I can expand SR35's potential in both my current uses - with adding a PB5 while I'm stationary (great results, really love this amp) and to maximise the SQ while on the move with the Elite. My current adventure with mobile equipment is full of contradictions. I started with Xperia I IV as it's one of the few phones with a 3,5 hole so I would always have a device ready for music. Then I added a SR35 as an endgame mobile source so I could finally be done with it. Hopefully, with the PB5 and the Elite, I'll have all my bases covered :)

I've also found a comfy cable for the Raven - Rn6 stock, lol - and I can hopefully tip roll as I've changed from my go to, the Omni, to the AET07 and there were no issues with fit. Hopefully, I can bust out my tip warchest tonight and find the top to rule them all SQ wise, as I usually settle for whatever is comfy for longer sessions since I've trouble with UIEM fit.
Can't go wrong with SR35 by itself. I tried it alone, and it's OK with Odin. Since my RS3 was dead with Mojo2 via coax, I bought the SR35. I tested SR35 + Mojo2 one day and WOW...
Now, I can't listen SR35 alone anymore. It's missing a lot of things to be desired. Compared alone vs Combo. Just a perfect Combo on the go for me.
Home? D16 + PB5 Combo with Odin is excellent hearing too....along with headphones also....

May 21, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #40,654 of 40,710
Can't go wrong with SR35 by itself. I tried it alone, and it's OK with Odin. Since my RS3 was dead with Mojo2 via coax, I bought the SR35. I tested SR35 + Mojo2 one day and WOW...
Now, I can't listen SR35 alone anymore. It's missing a lot of things to be desired. Compared alone vs Combo. Just a perfect Combo on the go for me.
Home? D16 + PB5 Combo with Odin is excellent hearing too....along with headphones also....
How do you connect the mojo to SR35? COAX or USB?

May 21, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #40,655 of 40,710
AET07 mid is more forward.
The Bass is slightly more detailed on AET07 (examples vibration on timpani more presence), however bass on the CP145 has more impact.
The highs is more livelier on AET07. Overall they are quite similar, but YMMV.
AET07 is more balanced. W1 and CP145 have the particularity of reducing subbass, which makes midbass (impact) more distinct, the mids become clearer (lose body) and the trebles more pronounced. That's the reason why I don't like them. Raven's subbass is fantastic and it's a shame if tips don't bring it out.

May 22, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #40,657 of 40,710
AET07 is more balanced. W1 and CP145 have the particularity of reducing subbass, which makes midbass (impact) more distinct, the mids become clearer (lose body) and the trebles more pronounced. That's the reason why I don't like them. Raven's subbass is fantastic and it's a shame if tips don't bring it out.
Just ordered the AET07’s and velvets. We will see if I like them. It will probably take 5-7 days to get them.

May 22, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #40,659 of 40,710
Just ordered the AET07’s and velvets. We will see if I like them. It will probably take 5-7 days to get them.
You're gonna like the AET07's 🤭 the velvet I would describe as a more luxurious Finale E. But once you have heard other tips and how they throw staging wider, it's hard to go back.

May 22, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #40,660 of 40,710
You're gonna like the AET07's 🤭 the velvet I would describe as a more luxurious Finale E. But once you have heard other tips and how they throw staging wider, it's hard to go back.
I tested the CP145 again earlier... and returned to the AET07 after a few minutes. I still think that the sound with the CP145 is too laid-back for my taste.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #40,662 of 40,710
I tested the CP145 again earlier... and returned to the AET07 after a few minutes. I still think that the sound with the CP145 is too laid-back for my taste.
Ok. I found a lot of wide bore tips a tiny bit fatiguing in the upper mids or treble. Keep in mind I’m using the ravens with the R8II which is a brighter dap imo. But the AET07’s are on order so we shall see.

May 23, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #40,663 of 40,710
Ok. I found a lot of wide bore tips a tiny bit fatiguing in the upper mids or treble. Keep in mind I’m using the ravens with the R8II which is a brighter dap imo. But the AET07’s are on order so we shall see.
That's the point: AET07 are smooth on top. I am also very sensitive in this area. That's why I can't do anything with AZLAs. But the AET07s are also known for their ability to smooth treble. In general, I hear the AET07 vs the CP145 for example according to my perception:

+ subbass
-/= midbass
+ lowermids/mids (vocals)
- uppermids/mids
- treble

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #40,665 of 40,710
What a rich, organic pairing the gold brick is with the Raven. Major WOW factor...
PXL_20240523_183238586.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back