Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 14, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #40,441 of 40,587
The biggest thing for me is seeing which ones stand the test of time. Very often the replacement / upgrade cycle causes the, “you don’t know what you had until it’s gone” revelations.
LX and Traillii are two examples of that. As of now, I am rocking the Raven and loving it. Obviously, I have many others to choose from, but it is the IEM of choice currently.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #40,442 of 40,587
The biggest thing for me is seeing which ones stand the test of time. Very often the replacement / upgrade cycle causes the, “you don’t know what you had until it’s gone” revelations.
Agreed, my FE odins are still holding up

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #40,444 of 40,587
LX and Traillii are two examples of that. As of now, I am rocking the Raven and loving it. Obviously, I have many others to choose from, but it is the IEM of choice currently.
Agree on this.

I pulled the trigger, and blind buy the Raven. It arrives yesterday, and what an amazing piece it is, and am soo happy I did it.

I thought I can let go my LX when Raven arrives but nope, LX apparently still has its own place in my heart. I think LX is irreplaceable… dunno though when Triton arrives.

Apr 15, 2024 at 2:01 AM Post #40,445 of 40,587
Yea… EE has a weird way with their releases being decently received initially and then being lauded some time after. I’d say that LX was the biggest example of this. Odin is quickly following that sentiment.
I thought the odins were shrilled at the start 😂

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #40,447 of 40,587
I mean I really liked them but it wasn’t the overwhelming reception.
oooo, i didnt realise it didnt get an overwhelming reception.
All i saw on youtube were mostly glowing reviews from the reviewers, i thought it only started to lose some shine after the honeymoon period where ppl started to complain about the forward upper mids as seen by the peak in the 6 to 8k region, although it really isnt a deal breaker at all for me

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #40,448 of 40,587
All i saw on youtube were mostly glowing reviews from the reviewers, i thought it only started to lose some shine after the honeymoon period where ppl started to complain about the forward upper mids as seen by the peak in the 6 to 8k region, although it really isnt a deal breaker at all for me
The upper-midrange peak was more so between 2-4kHz. I think I was the only person who had a slight issue with the low-treble ‘cus it made a lot of hi-hats and cymbals sound the same. Otherwise, I thought it was technically lovely. ‘Happy to see that EE’s launches since then have addressed those complaints and have subsequently gotten better reception at first listen.

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #40,449 of 40,587
Agree on this.

I pulled the trigger, and blind buy the Raven. It arrives yesterday, and what an amazing piece it is, and am soo happy I did it.

I thought I can let go my LX when Raven arrives but nope, LX apparently still has its own place in my heart. I think LX is irreplaceable… dunno though when Triton arrives.
Do you have the original Legend X, or the Evo?

I was listening to my OG LX yesterday, contemplating my upgrade path, but man, it's so good, it's hard to know where to go for "better". :)

Attachments

• EE_LX_01.jpg
    EE_LX_01.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 15, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #40,450 of 40,587
No, it was mostly good but it wasn’t widely shilled so to speak. People seemingly either loved it or didn’t like something the 2-6k hz region.

As time has passed, I think it’s more understood and folks target it for its strengths rather than blind buying it.

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #40,451 of 40,587
Do you have the original Legend X, or the Evo?

I was listening to my OG LX yesterday, contemplating my upgrade path, but man, it's so good, it's hard to know where to go for "better". :)
EVO is worth it :wink: I did Nemesis > LX > EVO.
The EVO can do any genre while you'll realize the LX not quite so when side-by-side.
If you use these EE's for bass heavy genres stick with the EVO, if you're planning on branching out or don't listen to "EDM"/Hip-hop primarily, the Raven is a tad more on balance.

Basically... If you get the EVO you could part with the LX. If you went the Raven path, you'd probably want to keep your LX.

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:40 AM Post #40,453 of 40,587
I've been meaning to give EVO a listen; the LX SE is my favorite EE IEM and I've read EVO is a direct upgrade, but the shell size has me hesitant. Odin was almost too large for my small-ish ears.

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #40,454 of 40,587
EVO is worth it :wink: I did Nemesis > LX > EVO.
The EVO can do any genre while you'll realize the LX not quite so when side-by-side.
If you use these EE's for bass heavy genres stick with the EVO, if you're planning on branching out or don't listen to "EDM"/Hip-hop primarily, the Raven is a tad more on balance.

Basically... If you get the EVO you could part with the LX. If you went the Raven path, you'd probably want to keep your LX.
Also highly considering FiR Xe6.

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #40,455 of 40,587
I've been meaning to give EVO a listen; the LX SE is my favorite EE IEM and I've read EVO is a direct upgrade, but the shell size has me hesitant. Odin was almost too large for my small-ish ears.
I have average to small ears and the EVO is hilariously large next to the RN6, even the MEST Mk2.
They still fit really well, you just gotta rotate em in-ear properly and deal with occasional driver flex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back