Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 7, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #40,427 of 40,577

I have this new cable arrived couples of days ago, the Plussound Silver+ has done amazing things to Raven sound. With burn in Raven bass response and overall sound will improve, but still doesn't suit my taste for my music library, the overall sound with stock cable still a bit too warm and thick, the treble needs a bit more air.

The Plussound Silver+ give me exactly what I want with Raven and more, the staging expand in all directions, imaging also improve. I no longer tips rolling anymore I am back using stock tips with my usual size. I know cables effect on the sound of IEM is debatable but I think Silver+ effect on Raven sound is the most noticeable from my personal experiences with Cables & IEM pair up.

:handshake:

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 15.39.58.png

Apr 7, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #40,428 of 40,577
Empire Ears Trition was a blast to listen to. IMO best described as Reference style tuning, Empire Ears style. It can be loosely called as L shape tuning where there is a tasteful touch of oomph in the bass, but not over-emphasized. Can imagine that horizontal stroke of the L to be a lot shorter.

No bass bleed into the mids kept them clear and lush, while the top end is smooth. Soundstage may not be the widest but separation capabilities is strong. The IEM size also feels to be smaller than their recent flagships (closer to Valkyrie or Hero size) so it’s more comfortable.

Will let Jack release more details when he’s ready (e.g. price, configuration, launch timing). This is, for my taste, arguably one of my top 3 favourites from the Empire Ears catalog history, alongside the Odin and my old Zeus-R. Sorry Phantom, you have to vacate that spot for Trition.

Well done to Jack, Dean and team on what looks to be another strong addition to the lineup!

Apr 7, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #40,429 of 40,577
GM is good. They have an anniversary version of the GM and some have heard it at CanJam SG. Apparently even better! However, we digress since this is the EE thread. I would suggest you hear the Triton. The bass is addicting.

I think there is also a BCD. Some of the best and special bass I've heard. And as @metaljem alluded to, the price might surprise you. This is my favourite EE iem to date!
Yes let's go back to the EE thread. Thanks for your feedback.

What you say is very interesting. This Triton looks wonderful.!

Apr 7, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #40,431 of 40,577
Any word on whether or not the Triton will be available as a CIEM?
If you guys recall, I shared pictures months ago of EE CIEMs with (at least) a DD and BCD in them. ‘Turns out they were what eventually became the Triton. So, there’s reason to believe that a CIEM should be possible. 🤞

Apr 7, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #40,432 of 40,577
Any word on whether or not the Triton will be available as a CIEM?
Jack confirmed that this will be the first one available in CIEM since the Odin was released 2-3 years ago.

Apr 7, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #40,434 of 40,577
Empire Ears Trition was a blast to listen to. IMO best described as Reference style tuning, Empire Ears style. It can be loosely called as L shape tuning where there is a tasteful touch of oomph in the bass, but not over-emphasized. Can imagine that horizontal stroke of the L to be a lot shorter.

No bass bleed into the mids kept them clear and lush, while the top end is smooth. Soundstage may not be the widest but separation capabilities is strong. The IEM size also feels to be smaller than their recent flagships (closer to Valkyrie or Hero size) so it’s more comfortable.

Will let Jack release more details when he’s ready (e.g. price, configuration, launch timing). This is, for my taste, arguably one of my top 3 favourites from the Empire Ears catalog history, alongside the Odin and my old Zeus-R. Sorry Phantom, you have to vacate that spot for Trition.

Well done to Jack, Dean and team on what looks to be another strong addition to the lineup!
Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to hearing this at SoCal later this year.

Apr 8, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #40,435 of 40,577
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:25 AM Post #40,436 of 40,577
What you’re describing is a 3k new release which depreciates to 50% of MSRP in 1-2 years max and then there is a brand new super enticing successor for 3-4k and you’re wondering if you should upgrade…That’s just the name of the game in this hobby, wherever you live… :)

In general, there are a few ways to deal with this, depending on the size of the wallet and levels of madness:
1. Large wallet: do whatever you want, YOLO.
2. Medium wallet / smart: buy new releases with a (review) discount, enjoy them for 2 months, and then sell with limited or no loss
3. Medium wallet / less smart: wait for 6-12 months after release and then buy it used for 30-40% off. Keep for a year and then sell with a relatively small loss.
4. Medium wallet / dumb: same as nr. 3 but keep them forever, letting them depreciate to zero. (My strategy …)
5. Small wallet / dumb: buy new like you can afford it …
6. Small wallet / smarter: buy one good IEM in the used market and stick with it forever
7. Small wallet / smart: delete your headfi account now

thanx for validating me thinking i am a smart(er) person

been with zeus xr / hidition nt6 since 2017.....

wanna try odin for years but i just can not justify paying 3K for them , especially when NT6 has been the bomb and it only cost me 700 euros (buy 2nd hand and have them reshelled)

maybe when nt6 breaks down for good , i may buy something new/expensive , until then i stay put

(also been using the lovely sony wm1a as my dap since 2017 so yeah , 2 times smart but still would love to be a rich dumb SOB :wink: )

Apr 13, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #40,437 of 40,577
I still have my Zeus but finally broke down and got a used Odin without a cable (using my 1960 with it- which I know you also have).

As the used price keeps dropping, wait it out and get one when it reaches your price point.

I still have and use my AK1KSS, though I've lately been using my newer AK2000T. The Zeus and the 1K are both "ancient" now, and the Odin is middle aged.

Newer is not always better. The trick with this hobby is finding something that has a sound signature you like and then keeping it without being swept up into the new new new gotta have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back