Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 6, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #40,396 of 40,587
This is prob one of my fav EE iems to date (prototype). I’ve bought a number of EE releases and this is prob one of its best competent and technical ratio of bass-clarity-treble extension without being sibilant. Gorgeous fp colour & comfortable… EE fans should keep a close watch out for its upcoming release.
They using same Stormbreaker cable?

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #40,397 of 40,587
They using same Stormbreaker cable?
No, but the current feel reminds me of it. I believe that the hardware of the prototype’s cable is still being finalised…

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #40,399 of 40,587
This is prob one of my fav EE iems to date (prototype). I’ve bought a number of EE releases and this is prob one of its best competent and technical ratio of bass-clarity-treble extension without being sibilant. Gorgeous fp colour & comfortable… EE fans should keep a close watch out for its upcoming release.
Great, thanks for the impressions.

What collocation does it have? Co-flagship with Raven and therefore TOTL level?

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #40,401 of 40,587
Merci pour votre retour SCYJ !

Avez-vous écouté le Corbeau ?

Sorry I can't understand French, can you reply to me in English 😅 sorry!

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #40,402 of 40,587

This one’s set to sit in the middle of EE’s pack, I reckon. It’s a fun-tuned set with tons of massive lows. Dare I say it’s the closest EE’s gotten to an LX Mk2 IMO. I’ll write in further detail once I get my CanJam notes in order.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #40,404 of 40,587
Sorry, I forgot to translate 🤣.
Sorry again.

I asked you if you had tested the raven and if you would like to share your impressions on this subject?

I have heard it but not for very long. It has really good, punchy, textured bass but the tuning was a little off for me. Cannot remember, I think the tuning was nice but it was either too warm or lacked female vocals. Sorry can't help you much! Nothing beat the Grand Maestro tuning for me.

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #40,405 of 40,587
I have heard it but not for very long. It has really good, punchy, textured bass but the tuning was a little off for me. Cannot remember, I think the tuning was nice but it was either too warm or lacked female vocals. Sorry can't help you much! Nothing beat the Grand Maestro tuning for me.
Thank you very much for your reply.
In any case I think we like the same type of totality.
Raised bass but a fairly neutral setting.

Enjoy with your GM!

Apr 6, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #40,406 of 40,587
Thank you very much for your reply.
In any case I think we like the same type of totality.
Raised bass but a fairly neutral setting.

Enjoy with your GM!

Hope you will get the GM, it's is a spectacular and incredible IEM!

Apr 6, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #40,408 of 40,587
Must try this EE Triton! A BCD model from EE that's under $2k!? Yes, please!

Apr 6, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #40,409 of 40,587

I personally like it more than Raven, in terms of sound and hardware. The TOTL stratosphere in my mind should be encompassing and not necessarily constrained to the best of the best, so yes this one fits that category. That said, a number of iems these days are v competitive. What may then standout would be the price point.

Apr 6, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #40,410 of 40,587
I personally like it more than Raven, in terms of sound and hardware. The TOTL stratosphere in my mind should be encompassing and not necessarily constrained to the best of the best, so yes this one fits that category. That said, a number of iems these days are v competitive. What may then standout would be the price point.
I passed on the Raven for the Evo as well 🤭 could have had a gold plated and ended up with a launch edition anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Back