Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 15, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #40,291 of 40,591
Haven't got the chance to hear Raven but it really is intriguing. For those that has hear 'em and familiar with Anni. Please K\kindly share your thoughts in comparison with Anni, especially the mids, which one is more closer (i.e. more forward)? Thanks beforehand.

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:49 AM Post #40,292 of 40,591
Haven't got the chance to hear Raven but it really is intriguing. For those that has hear 'em and familiar with Anni. Please K\kindly share your thoughts in comparison with Anni, especially the mids, which one is more closer (i.e. more forward)? Thanks beforehand.
Anni vocal presentation is very much in your face... For me anni presentation is like you are sitting in front of the singer.. While raven you are sitting a couple tow back...

Both are great just different presentation...

Right now I'm also debating either to buy raven or anni 2023

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #40,293 of 40,591
Anni vocal presentation is very much in your face... For me anni presentation is like you are sitting in front of the singer.. While raven you are sitting a couple tow back...

Both are great just different presentation...

Right now I'm also debating either to buy raven or anni 2023
Ah so… looks like Raven is not that far behind. Thanks for the insight, do let us know which one you end up with.

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:18 AM Post #40,294 of 40,591
Ah so… looks like Raven is not that far behind. Thanks for the insight, do let us know which one you end up with.
I think you should rather ask yourself what your priorities are between bass and treble. Raven probably has the best bass on the current market in terms of quality and quantity. Anni is suboptimal, not that totl level. On the other hand, Anni has the best treble, but Raven remains here totl level. Anni's vocals are forwards, but for me the they have little "texture" compared to other totls.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #40,295 of 40,591
I think you should rather ask yourself what your priorities are between bass and treble. Raven probably has the best bass on the current market in terms of quality and quantity. Anni is suboptimal, not that totl level. On the other hand, Anni has the best treble, but Raven remains here totl level. Anni's vocals are forwards, but for me the they have little "texture" compared to other totls.
Hi Phiemon, thanks for chiming in. Both bass and treble have its special place in me with mids has its highest place. Although I do need quite a heft of note weight and bass.

I had a chance to hear Anni and wanted to know how is Raven mid is placed compared to Anni so I can have a better picture of its sound.

I am quite familiar with the rest of EE iems such that I really love my LX even considering making a CIEM out of it. However I haven’t had a chance to listen to Raven but have a high interest on it, so if I get it (will be decided next few weeks) most probably it will be a blind buy. 😁

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #40,297 of 40,591
Hi Phiemon, thanks for chiming in. Both bass and treble have its special place in me with mids has its highest place. Although I do need quite a heft of note weight and bass.

I had a chance to hear Anni and wanted to know how is Raven mid is placed compared to Anni so I can have a better picture of its sound.

I am quite familiar with the rest of EE iems such that I really love my LX even considering making a CIEM out of it. However I haven’t had a chance to listen to Raven but have a high interest on it, so if I get it (will be decided next few weeks) most probably it will be a blind buy. 😁
I tested both extensively side by side. Each are top tier regarding resolution, layering and overall technical capabilities. Both are incredible.

Raven provided more enjoyment overall edging the anni in bass, mids, spatial imaging, note weight and cohesiveness. They come off more overall natural sounding to me despite more elevated bass, comparatively speaking. Mids are pulled back a bit to avoid killing their sensitive to upper mid consumer base. That said, mids are the nicely weighted, textured and defined. Treble is very well extended and sounds pretty damn accurate to me but it’s not as overly technical and resolving as anni. Raven still possesses EE’s best executed treble to date, in my opinion.

Anni 2023 provided less enjoyment in the areas mentioned above. However.. it’s not bad or lacking by any means. Still top tier and enjoyable in these areas. What stuck with me was how the treble grabs your attention. It does sound slightly artificial in the sense of natural sound reproduction. Maybe not artificial but exaggerated, if that makes sense. It’s not shrill or overbearing, it’s just almost infinitely resolving and present in a good way. I really enjoyed it.

They were actually very complimentary and you can get both for less than some of these whoppers coming out for $8k. Not mad about that-at-all.

Mar 17, 2024 at 12:09 AM Post #40,298 of 40,591
I tested both extensively side by side. Each are top tier regarding resolution, layering and overall technical capabilities. Both are incredible.

Raven provided more enjoyment overall edging the anni in bass, mids, spatial imaging, note weight and cohesiveness. They come off more overall natural sounding to me despite more elevated bass, comparatively speaking. Mids are pulled back a bit to avoid killing their sensitive to upper mid consumer base. That said, mids are the nicely weighted, textured and defined. Treble is very well extended and sounds pretty damn accurate to me but it’s not as overly technical and resolving as anni. Raven still possesses EE’s best executed treble to date, in my opinion.

Anni 2023 provided less enjoyment in the areas mentioned above. However.. it’s not bad or lacking by any means. Still top tier and enjoyable in these areas. What stuck with me was how the treble grabs your attention. It does sound slightly artificial in the sense of natural sound reproduction. Maybe not artificial but exaggerated, if that makes sense. It’s not shrill or overbearing, it’s just almost infinitely resolving and present in a good way. I really enjoyed it.

They were actually very complimentary and you can get both for less than some of these whoppers coming out for $8k. Not mad about that-at-all.
How would you compare the Raven to the Evo 😉 also great write up!

Mar 17, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #40,300 of 40,591

You Sir, got talent putting what is heard into words, so clear and concise. Thank you

Mar 17, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #40,301 of 40,591
Appreciate it!

I’d say Raven is the technical showcase of what EVO would be if there was more of an emphasis on overall balance and added treble extension.
Agreed although i thought the raven was closer to odessey rather than an improvement over the evo

Mar 17, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #40,302 of 40,591
The 2-pin sockets of the Raven are way too loose, regardless of which cables are plugged into them (even the stock one) . I am planning to sell mine because of this QC issue.:deadhorse:

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #40,303 of 40,591
You Sir, got talent putting what is heard into words, so clear and concise. Thank you
🙏🏻
Agreed although i thought the raven was closer to odessey rather than an improvement over the evo
Yes, it is definitely is closer to Odyssey. I was just summarizing the overall difference between Raven and EVO. I believe Raven is the outcome of perfecting the Odyssey. Finding ways to squeeze out more body in the mids and pushing the treble extension, without losing any particular cohesion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back