Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 9, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #40,246 of 40,592
Ooo, yes i agree on the extension, raven has nice airiness and a more natural sound, whereas the odins are clean, a bit too clean which i guess why ppl sometimes say it sounds too clean and digital.
I enjoy the cleanliness and clarity Odin has but it only seems to work for certain genres for me. The stuff it does work with it’s magical… which is why I’m finding it very difficult to part with. To be honest, I don’t think Odin and Raven stand on each others toes, they can both exist within someone’s collection without much overlap IMO.

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #40,247 of 40,592
Ooo, yes i agree on the extension, raven has nice airiness and a more natural sound, whereas the odins are clean, a bit too clean which i guess why ppl sometimes say it sounds too clean and digital.
When I went to the dark side and added eq (small bass bump, big dip at 1.5k, leave upper mids and treble) the Odin became my most used iem with my dap. On the other hand there is no eq that seems to help the EVO but I’ll keep at it.

Mar 9, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #40,248 of 40,592
I enjoy the cleanliness and clarity Odin has but it only seems to work for certain genres for me. The stuff it does work with it’s magical… which is why I’m finding it very difficult to part with. To be honest, I don’t think Odin and Raven stand on each others toes, they can both exist within someone’s collection without much overlap IMO.
That and it would be highly disadvantageous to a business model where overlap creates confusion and hesitation.

I really enjoyed Odin but I extrapolated the difference between Raven and Odin immediately. Same with Annihilator, Traillii, etc… they all bring out something special.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #40,249 of 40,592
I agree the odins and ravens can compliment each other, but personally for a compliment to my odins i always looked towards the annihilator from elysian, and now the canpur with the hybrid+ cable.

But.... i really should try out the raven with the hybrid+ or chiron before i bite the bullet and buy a compliment to my odins if i do buy something haha

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:54 AM Post #40,250 of 40,592
IMG_1775.jpeg

Just received mine , and the sound is phenomenal. However, I found the 2-pin sockets quite loose (I have only changed the cable once). Is this normal?:smile_phones:

Mar 10, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #40,251 of 40,592
IMG_1775.jpeg
Just received mine , and the sound is phenomenal. However, I found the 2-pin sockets quite loose (I have only changed the cable once). Is this normal?:smile_phones:
I would try different cables, been finding a lot of variation in pin thickness lately which is causing extreme tightness / looseness in connection on multiple IEMs

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #40,254 of 40,592
Is Raven worth the upgrades from the Odyssey? What are the biggest differences between the two?
More resolution/detail on Raven

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #40,256 of 40,592
So is Novus the best of the bunch?

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #40,257 of 40,592
Mar 11, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #40,258 of 40,592
Mar 11, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #40,260 of 40,592
Novus is more or less bass than Raven?
More which kind of crossed the line for me and distracted from other frequencies, but other people had different opinions on it I wish I spent a little extra time with it but it hurt so bad in the ear I couldn’t take the bumpy fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back