Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 18, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #40,111 of 40,577
Hello guys, considering the raven or the Rn6 to pair with a DX320 max Ti; which one of these two IEMs would you say is the best for metal music (power, symphonic metal) exclusively?
Both would do the justice quite well, but Raven would be a more qualified option imo.

Feb 18, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #40,113 of 40,577
Raven sounds more like Trifecta a bright signature. XE6 is much warmer with more bass then the other two.
I also like Fourte Blanc with metal amazing bass, little recessed mids and great highs with a lot of details and never fatigue.
Multiverse Mentor is also great with metal it has amazing bass for an BA and so so holograhic with great analog like mids. UMs mids are the best.

Feb 18, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #40,118 of 40,577
I find Anni23's bass is not textured enough to do bass heavy genres like metal justice, its mid-bass amplitude is perfect though.
I agree, the bass could be better, but there are no perfect headphones.But they have some of the best high ones.And the headphones themselves are dynamic, driving and evil in a good way.Although many people note that Anni23 likes power, maybe the more power the better the bass

Feb 18, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #40,120 of 40,577
Hello guys, considering the raven or the Rn6 to pair with a DX320 max Ti; which one of these two IEMs would you say is the best for metal music (power, symphonic metal) exclusively?
Raven is great for metal but it's quite engaging so it'll be a tiny bit more fatiguing in the long run. Rn6 can play forever and I doubt I'll have enough, but sometimes you might wish for that 1% to take you over the edge :)

Feb 18, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #40,121 of 40,577
Jack has really caused confusion with his different faceplates.
Apparently many people think that only the launch edition with the satin finish is a v2 and has the new sound tuning. But that is not the case. A Launch Edition with a glossy finish can also have the v2 tuning. There are still around 140 glossy finish units in circulation, some of which are v2s like the one I received from EE in mid-December after I returned my v1 in October.

They changed the vendor during they make the exchanges from v1 to v2:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/emp...merly-earwerkz.786335/page-2637#post-17840569

Feb 18, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #40,122 of 40,577
Jack has really caused confusion with his different faceplates.
Apparently many people think that only the launch edition with the satin finish is a v2 and has the new sound tuning. But that is not the case. A Launch Edition with a glossy finish can also have the v2 tuning. There are still around 140 glossy finish units in circulation, some of which are v2s like the one I received from EE in mid-December after I returned my v1 in October.

They changed the vendor during they make the exchanges from v1 to v2:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/emp...merly-earwerkz.786335/page-2637#post-17840569

To clarify, was it a retune or did the measures taken to reinforce the IEM or new finish cause a slight difference in sound?

Feb 18, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #40,123 of 40,577
To clarify, was it a retune or did the measures taken to reinforce the IEM or new finish cause a slight difference in sound?
Regarding the sound tuning it's nuanced and has nothing cause with the faceplates:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/emp...merly-earwerkz.786335/page-2631#post-17811967

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/emp...merly-earwerkz.786335/page-2630#post-17811826

I don't hear such a difference in bass of my old v1 vs the new v2. I more think they changed something in the mids my new v2 sounds a bit smoother there not so shouty in the presence area. But it's not a direct comparison there are 2 months between v1 and v2 I think no one compared it side by side yet?

Feb 18, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #40,124 of 40,577
No, Jack said there was no retuning. Simply -maybe- a slight change in sound due to the modified v2 shell. Nothing to do with the faceplate at all... that was only a cosmetic change.

Feb 18, 2024 at 8:33 PM Post #40,125 of 40,577
I have read many times that Raven is quite sensitive to changes in tips and cables which I think is good as it means it has a decent range of adjustment, but there is another constant that I see repeated, the Raven sound is often mentioned as bright signature, I'm thinking of purchasing a Raven since I loved Odyssey, but bright signatures are not my cup of tea, can anyone shed some light on the subject??

I always thought Raven would be a little less warm than Odyssey but not to the point of being a bright signature 😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back