Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Feb 14, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #40,096 of 40,577
Feb 14, 2024 at 3:16 AM Post #40,098 of 40,577
I have plan to get Raven standard version since day one, but when the launch problems appears on the Raven launch edition I decided to postponed my order until things cleared off.

After months of uncertainty, and when I starting to forget EE Raven existence, my dealer contacted me offering Raven SE.

Now the Raven has just arrived at my door, and first impression is underwhelming...until I plugged it into DX320 MAX, things starting to get better, much...much better. I hope it will continue to improve further and problems free.

1000024385.jpg

Feb 14, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #40,099 of 40,577
I have plan to get Raven standard version since day one, but when the launch problems appears on the Raven launch edition I decided to postponed my order until things cleared off.

After months of uncertainty, and when I starting to forget EE Raven existence, my dealer contacted me offering Raven SE.

Now the Raven has just arrived at my door, and first impression is underwhelming...until I plugged it into DX320 MAX, things starting to get better, much...much better. I hope it will continue to improve further and problems free.

1000024385.jpg
Because of the weapon x bone conduction driver and how integral it is to the Raven’s special sauce, I’ve found that the right set of tips really help the Ravens sing and would encourage you to experiment to find the right ones for your ears—in my case the ones I’ve most preferred with the ravens are different from my typical go-to tips for other iems. I’ve also found that the Ravens definitely seemed to settle in and benefit from being run in (be it due to actual burn in of the drivers, brain burn in, better understanding how to best position them for ideal sound, or some combination thereof). They are also very low impedance iems, so there may be some higher impedance sources that they do not mesh with as well. I primarily use mine with my ibasso dx300, ibasso dc elite, and L&p w2, which all sound great, particularly the first two.

Feb 14, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #40,100 of 40,577
Because of the weapon x bone conduction driver and how integral it is to the Raven’s special sauce, I’ve found that the right set of tips really help the Ravens sing and would encourage you to experiment to find the right ones for your ears—in my case the ones I’ve most preferred with the ravens are different from my typical go-to tips for other iems. I’ve also found that the Ravens definitely seemed to settle in and benefit from being run in (be it due to actual burn in of the drivers, brain burn in, better understanding how to best position them for ideal sound, or some combination thereof). They are also very low impedance iems, so there may be some higher impedance sources that they do not mesh with as well. I primarily use mine with my ibasso dx300, ibasso dc elite, and L&p w2, which all sound great, particularly the first two.
Agree 100% Raven is very tip dependent. With the right tip with the right seal it is magic! Without the right seal, all the magic leaks out.

I went through a bunch of tips and found the Spinfit W1 works best for me. Even then I had to try multiple sizes to find the best combination of seal, sound, and comfort.

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #40,101 of 40,577
For those thinking of buying v1... What will happen to v1 Ravens that havent been replaced and bought used? Replacement period has already passed and I believe the 2 year extended warranty on applies to v2

Feb 15, 2024 at 12:37 AM Post #40,103 of 40,577
I have been playing Raven for a few hours then burn it in overnight through the next day, the improvement from initial listening is noticeable. Specifically the bass, they're now faster and have loosen up making Raven not as dark as first listen. The sound is more balanced and technical now.

Feb 15, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #40,104 of 40,577
I have been playing Raven for a few hours then burn it in overnight through the next day, the improvement from initial listening is noticeable. Specifically the bass, they're now faster and have loosen up making Raven not as dark as first listen. The sound is more balanced and technical now.
Were you able to A/B it with some of your other IEMs / Headphones? Would you consider it on the darker side? I thought that the raven at e earphone sounded quite a bit darker compared to my odins

Feb 15, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #40,105 of 40,577
Were you able to A/B it with some of your other IEMs / Headphones? Would you consider it on the darker side? I thought that the raven at e earphone sounded quite a bit darker compared to my odins

No, I haven't enough free time yet. Agreed If you compared it to Odin Raven sound a bit darker. But Raven sound more natural to me.

Feb 15, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #40,106 of 40,577
Agreed. Rn6 is more intimate. It is like being inside of or next to the music. Especially with the kinetic bass. I also find that I would not trade Rn6's stock cable for anything, it really is that good.

Try the divinus velvet tips you say? Will do. I never found Odyssey to be uncomfortable. I actually preferred it to the Odin.

What do you think makes the Raven more comfortable? Just that they are both made by the same company. What would happen to you with the other two? What would you rate Raven for comfort on a scale of 1 to 10?
Try this site for tip reviews. https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #40,107 of 40,577
No, I haven't enough free time yet. Agreed If you compared it to Odin Raven sound a bit darker. But Raven sound more natural to me.
I would agree. Raven have a very true sound which is the very reason I have enjoyed them so much. They have a playful quality obviously above neutral but nothing sounds forced.

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #40,108 of 40,577
Out with the (g)old and in with the new. Loving the new color / finish and the subtle extra depth I’m picking up in the signature.

Attachments

• IMG_0797.jpeg
    IMG_0797.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back