Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Jan 28, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #40,007 of 40,675
Well good luck with the choice. I didn't get to try an RN6 but I really like that you can insert the atom xs modules and vary the sound. I had a Nio for a long time and it was fantastic to be able to change the sound whenever I needed something different.

Jan 28, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #40,008 of 40,675
Many thanks to everyone! A special mention to @Dax7, @KuroKitsu, @PassionForMusic, I got a better idea of how these 2 iems can be compared! Now I just have to choose between the 2..!
Well if you in USA, you might just order both and return one. It’s not ideal for seller but if you careful with product it should be fine . Or buy both open boxes. Though there is risk . I bought Xn6, Rn6 and Raven with intent to choose one . Ended up keeping all 3 lol .😂

Jan 28, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #40,009 of 40,675
Well good luck with the choice. I didn't get to try an RN6 but I really like that you can insert the atom xs modules and vary the sound. I had a Nio for a long time and it was fantastic to be able to change the sound whenever I needed something different.
Thank you very much, kind of you! I would be lying to say that I have already made my choice with certainty... I have had several iems with modules to change Lz, Dunu, Imr.. in the end you are left with 1 or max 2 filters/modules at the beginning everything is very exciting but after a while it also becomes frustrating.. at least in my case with the search for what's right for you..including tips and eq.. Luckily I also have Cayin N7 plus C9... with which you can choose which amp to use to vary the sound and let's not forget that you can also modify it a bit with eq if there is the possibility of having a good one implemented, Hiby for example is excellent but not at the phenomenal levels of the Cowon daps both for the incredible semi-paremetric EQ and for the DSP, the only ones ever seen that really worked to be honest.. I recently purchased an Orioulus szalayi and was incredibly impressed by how the synergy with N7+c9 leads to huge imaging and spectacular soundstage...I've always been a fan of soundstage when it's not artificial...it brings huge benefits to both instrument separation and to the micro and macro details that come out in a natural, realistic way and not due to a more accentuated frequency or a thinning of the notes... I think my orientation will be for Raven..although I would also like rn6..unfortunately I can't listen to them first..sorry for the long post!

Jan 28, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #40,010 of 40,675
Well if you in USA, you might just order both and return one. It’s not ideal for seller but if you careful with product it should be fine . Or buy both open boxes. Though there is risk . I bought Xn6, Rn6 and Raven with intent to choose one . Ended up keeping all 3 lol .😂
Wow, I'd love to have them too! Well done!
my dream would actually be to have a collection with Raven, Rn6, Trifecta, Mentor and Trailli.... at least listen to them..

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #40,011 of 40,675
I had both Raven and RN6. I chose to keep Raven. It has a natural quality and depth to it that won me over.

I am slowly making my way around the IEM world and I continue to prefer Raven over any other IEM I have heard yet -- regardless of price.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #40,012 of 40,675
I had both Raven and RN6. I chose to keep Raven. It has a natural quality and depth to it that won me over.

I am slowly making my way around the IEM world and I continue to prefer Raven over any other IEM I have heard yet -- regardless of price.
How is it cosmetically holding up?

Jan 29, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #40,014 of 40,675
If anybody is interested, Andrew from Musicteck sent me this photo today of the satin standard edition Raven. Outside of the two photos Jack posted way back, this is the only other shot I've seen. They look killer - wish more brands did all black sets.

Attachments

• raven.png
    raven.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Jan 29, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #40,015 of 40,675
If anybody is interested, Andrew from Musicteck sent me this photo today of the satin standard edition Raven. Outside of the two photos Jack posted way back, this is the only other shot I've seen. They look killer - wish more brands did all black sets.

Wow, those are absolutely gorgeous.

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #40,017 of 40,675
Wow. And here I sit having preordered on the very first day and still nothing. Silly me for preordering from EE.

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #40,018 of 40,675
Wow. And here I sit having preordered on the very first day and still nothing. Silly me for preordering from EE.
I think you probably need to contact them at this point. I know of people that had pre-ordered well after the initial unveil that have received (and used for prolong periods) 2 pairs now… sounds like something may be amiss.

Jan 29, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #40,019 of 40,675
I think you probably need to contact them at this point. I know of people that had pre-ordered well after the initial unveil that have received (and used for prolong periods) 2 pairs now… sounds like something may be amiss.
I heard from my retailer last week. I was gonna cancel the preorder, but he said EE said they shipped the Standard Edition last week. They were expecting them end of last week. But being way up here in the Pacific Northwest, it might be beginning of this week before they get 'em.

Jan 29, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #40,020 of 40,675
This looks amazing, I’d have gotten this colour if not for the fact that I’m given to understand that the gold plating (?) does impact the sonic quality. And I’m all about chasing that imaginary dragon of the minuscule auditory change 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back