Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 22, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #39,526 of 40,577
So have they reconstituted the drivers from your old unit and put them into an updated shell or will they be sending you an entirely new unit?
I sent my back in for a rebuild, but not sure what exactly that means in this context given the broader effort to rebuild all the early units. They didn’t specify whether it is using the same drivers as the old one or if they are doing entirely new builds from scratch. To be honest it doesn’t matter to me either way.

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #39,527 of 40,577
They must have more factory time as I received my repaired Odin today. That is approximately 3 weeks early. Beautiful job btw. They replaced both faceplates so they would match. Love that Odin bass. A PW 1960’s cable smooths the mids to my taste.
I tried mine with the 1960. Smoothed the Odin out too much for my taste, and I went back to the Stormbreaker. Sounded great, just not enough sparkle.

Nov 22, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #39,528 of 40,577
I tried mine with the 1960. Smoothed the Odin out too much for my taste, and I went back to the Stormbreaker. Sounded great, just not enough sparkle.
Odin honestly sounds so gorgeous I want another one shouldve never sold mine :frowning2:

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #39,529 of 40,577
Glad to see some confirmed shipments out there! I talked to Leasah on Monday and it seems all is moving as planned! I’m excited to see the new faceplate finish! And to hear them again of course.

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #39,530 of 40,577
Just got my revised Ravens. I sent back only the IEMs and the coin and received back an ENTIRELY NEW COMPLETE BOX. The coin is now in a custom pouch. The IEMs are gorgeous. Thanks Empire Ears for handling everything so well!

Ok just started listening. God I missed these things. From memory bass does seem improved. Also these are the most out of my head IEMs I have heard. Just incredible. I have an Alice In Wonderland cat grin right now.

Cables pull off without any effort. No jiggling required. Although I will not cable swap. Checked both sides too.

Attachments

• IMG_0240.jpeg
    IMG_0240.jpeg
    989.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0242.jpeg
    IMG_0242.jpeg
    964 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #39,531 of 40,577
Just got my revised Ravens. I sent back only the IEMs and the coin and received back an ENTIRELY NEW COMPLETE BOX. The coin is now in a custom pouch. The IEMs are gorgeous. Thanks Empire Ears for handling everything so well!
AWSOME!! How we soundin !?? :)

Nov 24, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #39,534 of 40,577
I edited my post. Sounds incredible! Don't think I have come across another pair of IEMs that sound so damn good with any genre.
Yeah, I remember raven completely blowing my mind Incredible set now that they are fixed. It’s back up at the top. 😁

Nov 25, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #39,535 of 40,577
Any info on when regular new Ravens (non gold) will be deliver to retailers worldwide?

Nov 25, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #39,536 of 40,577
Any info on when regular new Ravens (non gold) will be deliver to retailers worldwide?
I don't know, but there's not even any news on when exactly the vast majority of preorders will be delivered. The majority of people who preordered haven't recieved any version of Raven, much less 2 versions, as most (all?) Ravens being sent out now are to people that already initially received the first version. Seems kinda bass-ackwards, but... what are you gonna do.

Edit: Also, it's lookin' like no preorders sent out to people who didn't get the first version are gonna end up in customers' hands until December at the earliest.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #39,537 of 40,577
All beware! I got home from traveling to find my revised ravens boxed on my front porch. I did not receive notice that they had shipped. Not great that I had a $3.7k set of IEMs sitting on my porch for 4 days. Just a heads up. If your expecting, by aware, you may get an unannounced surprise lol. Luckily all is good but that could have been devastating..

Nov 26, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #39,539 of 40,577
Ya..? I’m not downloading an application for the off chance of catching a random package shipped to my house without notification. The point was to alert anyone that’s expecting a replacement to keep an eye out. That’s all.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #39,540 of 40,577
All beware! I got home from traveling to find my revised ravens boxed on my front porch. I did not receive notice that they had shipped. Not great that I had a $3.7k set of IEMs sitting on my porch for 4 days. Just a heads up. If your expecting, by aware, you may get an unannounced surprise lol. Luckily all is good but that could have been devastating..
I’ve had several couriers just blatantly disregard the signature requirement on expensive packages. Ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back