Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 13, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #38,493 of 40,675
everybody waiting (not so) patiently.
The thread is going a bit quiet.

Sep 13, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #38,495 of 40,675
heard that the raven's stock cable is good enough but has anyone tried pairing it with other cables? curious about the different pairings that may go well with

Sep 13, 2023 at 5:02 AM Post #38,499 of 40,675
heard that the raven's stock cable is good enough but has anyone tried pairing it with other cables? curious about the different pairings that may go well with

I have tried a couple cables that made EVO sound larger and more extended on Raven. I don’t remember exact cables, but maybe @TomKorn can chip in as he is my dealer? Stock cable sounded the best.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #38,500 of 40,675
everybody waiting (not so) patiently.
The thread is going a bit quiet.
I heard that they will be in stock in 2 days.
Fingers crossed !

I pre-ordered the launch edition because I couldn’t wait for the standard edition.
I’ll be pissed now if both releases at the same time. I’m not a fan of the gold plates. I like the black ones better !
May be I can spray paint the gold to black xD

Sep 13, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #38,501 of 40,675
I heard that they will be in stock in 2 days.
Fingers crossed !

I pre-ordered the launch edition because I couldn’t wait for the standard edition.
I’ll be pissed now if both releases at the same time. I’m not a fan of the gold plates. I like the black ones better !
May be I can spray paint the gold to black xD
I’m in the same boat. I originally ordered the standard edition, but then switched to the launch because I didn’t want to wait and also was worried about feeling like the blacks may be too boring. If I don’t like the gold, I’m thinking of using a marker or paint pen to put a thin black layer over the gold to get a sort of smoked gold effect. Will see if I end up doing so or if I like the gold in the long term!

Sep 13, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #38,502 of 40,675
As a "I don't know what to do with all this money in my bank account!!" option, Ode to Laura + Raven is one of those combos that makes me a true believer in cable magic. Bloom as a whole is slightly on the skeptical end with how much difference cables make, but our whole team and a number of people who did in store demos agree that running SP3000 + OTL + Raven is truly exquisite and an instantly noticeable difference from the stock cable.

Honestly though, you can get a good bit of the same impact from the Eletech Raphael (which I recommend as a "baby Ode to Laura") which only runs about $499.

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Sep 13, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #38,503 of 40,675
I have tried a couple cables that made EVO sound larger and more extended on Raven. I don’t remember exact cables, but maybe @TomKorn can chip in as he is my dealer? Stock cable sounded the best.
I have yet to try different cables. Recently a customer brought an old Efect Audio Leonidas II Octa and it certainly improved upon the stock Raven cable. I guess hybrid cables are a good choice here but best to give it a try yourselves.

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #38,504 of 40,675
I just compared Elysian Annihilator 2023 to EE Raven. Since I cannot give an opinion here, I think of 2 pictures instead:

Anni23.gif

Raven3.gif

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #38,505 of 40,675
I’m in the same boat. I originally ordered the standard edition, but then switched to the launch because I didn’t want to wait and also was worried about feeling like the blacks may be too boring. If I don’t like the gold, I’m thinking of using a marker or paint pen to put a thin black layer over the gold to get a sort of smoked gold effect. Will see if I end up doing so or if I like the gold in the long term!

I have asked @Jack Vang this exact question, but have not gotten a response. I will be pissed and may even cancel the raven out of principal if they can't be honest about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back