Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Dec 29, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #37,306 of 40,671
Odyssey is really coming into its own. Within the next week or so I will be updating my out of the box impressions.

Dec 29, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #37,307 of 40,671
Perhaps Let’s Go Audio may still have a set. I was looking into getting one but decided to move on and wait for an improved EVO in the future.

Yeah. I'm sure a distributor somewhere in that region has one or two lying around somewhere.

Odyssey is really coming into its own. Within the next week or so I will be updating my out of the box impressions.

Look forward to your full review!

Dec 29, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #37,308 of 40,671
Here is my review on EVO.... Better late than never. Best in class bass!

Empire Ears Legend EVO

20210924_155327-1149x1536.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #37,309 of 40,671
I am buying an EVO that comes with an Ares II cable, from skimming this huge thread it seems that is a basic cable that ideally needs to be upgraded. Is there a consensus as to whether the EVO suite better cable type of copper or silver? It will be used with a Cayin N6ii DAP.

I would also be grateful of any cable recommendations :)

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:58 AM Post #37,310 of 40,671
I am buying an EVO that comes with an Ares II cable, from skimming this huge thread it seems that is a basic cable that ideally needs to be upgraded. Is there a consensus as to whether the EVO suite better cable type of copper or silver? It will be used with a Cayin N6ii DAP.

What is your budget?
I would try to get used PW 1960 or First Times cable.

Dec 31, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #37,311 of 40,671
Here is my review on EVO.... Better late than never. Best in class bass!

Empire Ears Legend EVO

20210924_155327-1149x1536.jpg
That was a good review. I was interested in the comparison of the upper mids between EVO and Odin. Although I really liked the Odin’s sound, unfortunately I couldn’t handle its forward upper mids and so I had to move it on. From the review it seems like they may be a little different on the EVO and so perhaps may be a bit easier to listen to.

Dec 31, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #37,312 of 40,671
That was a good review. I was interested in the comparison of the upper mids between EVO and Odin. Although I really liked the Odin’s sound, unfortunately I couldn’t handle its forward upper mids and so I had to move it on. From the review it seems like they may be a little different on the EVO and so perhaps may be a bit easier to listen to.
Easier to listen to on EVO. Easiest to listen to on Odyssey.

For transparency none of them bother me so take that into account.

Jan 1, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #37,313 of 40,671
Thank you.

Still present but the overall signature makes them an easier listen. ODIN throws a lot of detail and transparency at you, and much of that is in the upper mids. It comes off more forward than EVO in the upper mids. There is presence in EVO but an easier listen overall.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #37,314 of 40,671
Since two weeks now, i‘m enjoying my new Odyssey paired with SP3K. First change was the cable from the Ares II to my EA Lionheart what did a lot of improvement. Also burning in a few nights tended them so more open and detailed.

But one thing i noticed that the bone conduction vibrates more in the left side, than on the other side. These are my First IEMs with bone conduction, so i do not have any comparison. Is this normal ?

You can feel the Vibration with your fingers on the left really strong on the right side- it Is there but sometimes Nothing to feel.

Is this a normal behavior ?

Jan 1, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #37,315 of 40,671
Since two weeks now, i‘m enjoying my new Odyssey paired with SP3K. First change was the cable from the Ares II to my EA Lionheart what did a lot of improvement. Also burning in a few nights tended them so more open and detailed.

But one thing i noticed that the bone conduction vibrates more in the left side, than on the other side. These are my First IEMs with bone conduction, so i do not have any comparison. Is this normal ?

You can feel the Vibration with your fingers on the left really strong on the right side- it Is there but sometimes Nothing to feel.

Is this a normal behavior ?
I personally don’t hear a difference between the the left and right on my set. I wouldn’t say I can feel strong vibrations on either side if I put my fingers on them.

I’m typically listen to the Odyssey’s with the volume set to ~48 on the SP3000.

Unrelated question. Do you find the Phonix to be a good complement to the Odyssey’s? I’m highly considering the Phonix LE and these two would be my only two IEMs for ‘23.

Jan 1, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #37,316 of 40,671
I personally don’t hear a difference between the the left and right on my set. I wouldn’t say I can feel strong vibrations on either side if I put my fingers on them.

I’m typically listen to the Odyssey’s with the volume set to ~48 on the SP3000.

Unrelated question. Do you find the Phonix to be a good complement to the Odyssey’s? I’m highly considering the Phonix LE and these two would be my only two IEMs for ‘23.
sounds interessting - with volume 48 i cannot feel vibrations… do you have a special Song for me ? Edit: missunderstood. You said you cannot feel vibration- so Everything Is Fine

Phönix and SP3K Is a match tbh. With character of an end-game. Phönix Is for me one of my favourites.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #37,317 of 40,671

I tested many TOTL cables with my EVO and ended on a surprising one. I'm using a Tralucent Uber cable which I believe is a single core Silver/Gold hybrid. Not sure how it translates to a more common cable but it really shines with it.

Jan 2, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #37,318 of 40,671
I tested many TOTL cables with my EVO and ended on a surprising one. I'm using a Tralucent Uber cable which I believe is a single core Silver/Gold hybrid. Not sure how it translates to a more common cable but it really shines with it.

Appreciate the response, thank you. Earlier today I bought a Effect Audio Code 51 cable and it should arrive in a few days so I will be able to let you know how it is for synergy with the EVO.

Jan 2, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #37,319 of 40,671
Appreciate the response, thank you. Earlier today I bought a Effect Audio Code 51 cable and it should arrive in a few days so I will be able to let you know how it is for synergy with the EVO.

Nice! Congratulations on the pick-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back