Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 24, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #36,617 of 40,675
Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 1:41 AM Post #36,618 of 40,675
I heard from the dealer . Next flagship is expected to release in March next year.
I don't know which one and a rumours is it true?
But some expectations and promises are better than Odyssey (which is given to the AK) .
I still don't believe it and don't expect anything until EE announces it. :smile:
I can't say more than information that are publicly available.
As @CL14715 said, it's not something new and I don't think EE will release something that would eclipse Odyssey at the moment..

Sep 24, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #36,619 of 40,675
I don’t like very heavy bass nor do I like when an IEM is bass anemic. So far my favorite IEM that I have is the MEST Indigo. It has punchy bass and nice treble extension. Do you think I would like the Odin or Odyssey better. I know I have to listen to them, but I’m curious if those who have heard them both have an opinion.

Sep 24, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #36,620 of 40,675
I don’t like very heavy bass nor do I like when an IEM is bass anemic. So far my favorite IEM that I have is the MEST Indigo. It has punchy bass and nice treble extension. Do you think I would like the Odin or Odyssey better. I know I have to listen to them, but I’m curious if those who have heard them both have an opinion.
I own the Indigo and I just came back from hearing the Odin and Odyssey. The indigo is more inline with the Odyssey. Bass on both are very good punchy bass. I would say the Odyssey has a tighter faster bass than indigo but still punches deep and hard but more controlled. All 3 have excellent technicalities, details, imaging, layering. The upper range on the Odin will be a bit brighter than Odyssey and indigo. Odin goes for clarity where as indigo and odyssey are neutral slightly warm. I personally prefer EE treble over most UM, it just seems cleaner, more precise, and more tactile. Indigo and odyssey are both great all rounder IEMs. They’re both excellent but Odyssey is tuned in a way that everything is very coherent and balanced, yet each individual range is so good by itself. It hits that almost reference like perfect tuning yet it’s fun and keeps you hooked. I think EE hit a real sweet spot with this one.

Sep 24, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #36,621 of 40,675
Most likely Bloom Audio. I spoke with Andrew at the show about it.
Checked with Andrew from Musicteck and he said they will be offering Odyssey when it comes out

Sep 25, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #36,622 of 40,675
Checked with Andrew from Musicteck and he said they will be offering Odyssey when it comes out
Musicteck will not have Odyssey. Odyssey will be distributed by Astell&Kern dealers only and Musicteck is not an authorized Astell&Kern dealer.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Sep 25, 2022 at 12:43 AM Post #36,623 of 40,675
Musicteck will not have Odyssey. Odyssey will be distributed by Astell&Kern dealers only and Musicteck is not an authorized Astell&Kern dealer.
Oh ok, thanks for clarifying

Sep 25, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #36,624 of 40,675
Actually I also vaguely remember Andrew told me during this CanJam that AK will have the exclusive right to sell Odyssey and I won't be able to buy from the MusicTeck.

Sep 25, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #36,627 of 40,675
Last edited:
Sep 25, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #36,629 of 40,675
Andrew of Musicteck will have to wait for the actual new releases from EE, which are definitely in the works.

Sep 25, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #36,630 of 40,675
I think I’ll be in for the Odyssey pre-order. A shame Musicteck won’t have them to listen to. They’re local for me and a great dealer all around. But with all the reviews I’m getting more comfortable doing a blind order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back