Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Sep 18, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #36,511 of 40,587
I just saw a video from Canjam where Owen Kwon mentioned the number of Odyssey units made were to be limited to 600. It was hinted that possibly another limited production run may happen after that, but I’m not certain how much of that is speculation or inside knowledge.

Forgive my ignorance on this, as this may have been addressed already, but if the Odyssey has a high demand, which I feel it will have, why limit it’s run?

Interesting, I spoke with Owen as well and he told me 1000 sets were being made with an early November release.

Sep 18, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #36,513 of 40,587
For anyone here at the Irvine Marriott for Canjam SoCal, I will have the full Empire Ears lineup including the new EMPIRE EARS X ASTELL&KERN ODYSSEY in the lobby starting around 9pm tonight, I'll probably be down there for a about an hour or two, just shoot me a pm if you need help finding me.

Sep 19, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #36,514 of 40,587
The question is, would EE release its own version of Odyssey sometime in the future? With a similar cable to Stormbreaker perhaps? I wanted to place an order for Odyssey but a bit hesitant as this question lingers in my mind.

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #36,515 of 40,587
i heard the Odyssey yesterday and it has massive driver flex. Also Evo and Odin. Anyone noticed this as well?
Yes. I love driver flex. It reminds me that I am listening to an Empire Ears IEM. It's how you determine it is authentic.

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #36,516 of 40,587
The question is, would EE release its own version of Odyssey sometime in the future? With a similar cable to Stormbreaker perhaps? I wanted to place an order for Odyssey but a bit hesitant as this question lingers in my mind.
I believe right now that A&K has exclusivity to the design and/or tuning of the Odyssey so that Empire Ears cannot release the same version of product during this period of time. It would make sense that A&K require that in the OEM agreement. When the initial and/or any follow on product runs sell out, all bets are off.

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #36,517 of 40,587
You have plenty of time to think about purchase and read reviews before release of Odyssey.

(And then Atlantis will come out with W10, updated woofers, quad EST, smoother glide from subbass to mids, a touch more air in upper treble, Cleopatra II 8w cable, etc)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #36,521 of 40,587
Jump on in! As you see I’ve said very little about this release. Haven’t even dropped a review. I want other people to validate it so there’s no concern of over hyping it. Judging by your collection…. You’re going to love it.
Actually, you've consistently said how good the prototype was going to be. Not complaining, have hopes that it will turn out to be the case 🤞

Sep 19, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #36,523 of 40,587
I want to resist overhyping a product because I think it hurts that product long term. There are no perfect IEMs. In the case of the Odyssey, its biggest flaw is the cable it is bundled with. I would immediately replace it. I can say this. The Odyssey is indeed the best Empire Ears IEM I have ever heard because it shows off its glorious bass and has tuning for an all around IEM. I have talked to more than a dozen people who have heard it and I got mostly positive impressions from everyone. I will be buying it and I know of several others who are too. Is it at the level of Jewel, Traillii, XE6, Annihilator, etc? I say yes. It is definitely top 10 in my collection and probably top 5. But, this is like trying to create an NBA all time starting 5. It is impossible to do without leaving out someone who deserves to be there.

Sep 19, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #36,524 of 40,587
I want to resist overhyping a product because I think it hurts that product long term. There are no perfect IEMs. In the case of the Odyssey, its biggest flaw is the cable it is bundled with. I would immediately replace it. I can say this. The Odyssey is indeed the best Empire Ears IEM I have ever heard because it shows off its glorious bass and has tuning for an all around IEM. I have talked to more than a dozen people who have heard it and I got mostly positive impressions from everyone. I will be buying it and I know of several others who are too. Is it at the level of Jewel, Traillii, XE6, Annihilator, etc? I say yes. It is definitely top 10 in my collection and probably top 5. But, this is like trying to create an NBA all time starting 5. It is impossible to do without leaving out someone who deserves to be there.
Please,can you compare Odyssey to Viking Ragnar in terms of sound? Thanks.

Sep 19, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #36,525 of 40,587
Please,can you compare Odyssey to Viking Ragnar in terms of sound? Thanks.
Yes. Odyssey is more of a bassier monitor. Ragnar is more mid centric. Very complementary IEMs. Anything that you want to hear that requires great bass would be Odyssey. Anything that is more focused on mids like vocals would be Ragnar. But, they are both all arounders. It just depends on the emphasis you require.

So, Odyssey would be more like EXT and Z1R. Rangnar would be more like Jewel, Traillii, Red Halo. These aren't exact matches. I am just talking about high level classification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back