Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 21, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #35,537 of 40,730
EE ODIN x Perseus :wink:

Attachments

• 20220113_103350.jpg
    20220113_103350.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Apr 21, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #35,538 of 40,730
Hi all,

In my previous post, I mentioned that I had my car broken into and because of my stupidity, my Legend EVO was one of the items stolen. Insurance has just wired me some money to get a replacement. That being said, I’ve always been interested in the Odin. For those that have listened to both the EVO and the ODIN, how do you compare the two? Basically if you had the chance to get one or the other, which would you pick?

Thanks!

Apr 21, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #35,539 of 40,730
Hi all,

In my previous post, I mentioned that I had my car broken into and because of my stupidity, my Legend EVO was one of the items stolen. Insurance has just wired me some money to get a replacement. That being said, I’ve always been interested in the Odin. For those that have listened to both the EVO and the ODIN, how do you compare the two? Basically if you had the chance to get one or the other, which would you pick?

Thanks!
What sort of characteristics do you prioritise in an IEM and what sort of genres do you listen to? What source are you going to be using etc?

Apr 21, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #35,540 of 40,730
What sort of characteristics do you prioritise in an IEM and what sort of genres do you listen to? What source are you going to be using etc?
Genres - 90s R&B, 80s rock, country, EDM, hip hop and some Pop. Source I was previous using the Fiio M11 Plus LTD DAP, but that got stolen too, so I’m looking at getting the Fiio M17.

Typing this out, I think I’m still leaning towards another set of the EVO.

Apr 21, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #35,541 of 40,730
Genres - 90s R&B, 80s rock, country, EDM, hip hop and some Pop. Source I was previous using the Fiio M11 Plus LTD DAP, but that got stolen too, so I’m looking at getting the Fiio M17.

I would be leaning toward EVO with those genres although Odin would sound great with them as well and is generally the more versatile of the two I think those would benefit from the added bass. Although I think I would choose Odin for ambient EDM, modern rock and country. Odin is definitely more technical and wins out on imaging, layering and slightly on detail retrieval but EVO has the one up on bass… it really depends on what you’re looking for… you can’t go wrong with either tbh.

EDIT - also something to keep in mind is that EVO REALLY benefited from a cable upgrade where I don’t feel that this is the case with Odin generally.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #35,542 of 40,730

Personally love the EVO for everything you listed minus country, Odin might be better there. Definitely a noticeable bass difference between them if you’re into bass. Odin has a decent amount more detail in the highs. You might find the Odin a bit safe sounding with EDM, rap and R&B. EVO really benefits from a cable upgrade. If you choose the EVO or Odin I’d ask how they pair with the m17 I’m personally not a fan of it with EE IEMs, too much upper mid glare. You can spend less on the dap, rs6 sounds great, used m9 if you can find one or dx300 again if you can find one or wait for the new dx320.

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #35,544 of 40,730
same here :relaxed: have chosen EVO over Odin, at the end it's just a matter of personal preferences.
EVO are really addicting, at first they sound really "strange" and unbalanced but after a while you will find everything else just...umh...boring 😊
after you fully "understand" them, I suggest you play a little with tips and cables, EVO are really very sensitive to tips/cable change

Apr 23, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #35,545 of 40,730
same here :relaxed: have chosen EVO over Odin, at the end it's just a matter of personal preferences.
EVO are really addicting, at first they sound really "strange" and unbalanced but after a while you will find everything else just...umh...boring 😊
after you fully "understand" them, I suggest you play a little with tips and cables, EVO are really very sensitive to tips/cable change
Thank you for the advice .
In the first DEMO test [15 seconds per song] 3 songs , the sound was very strange, the male and female vocals were terrible and many more.
....My conclusion (guess) is about "bad quality cable" probably from the first period defect product. (I told the store)
I tried changing the cables , until found a cable that draws out almost all the potential of EVO. Cross Lambda Apollo GB ($5,xxx).:sweat_smile:
[Can't describe this special feeling in words.]

I bought EVO because of EVO's final potential.
When I got the EVO , it was as I guess. It's awesome , cable not has defect , no need to change anything or spend money to buy a cable right now. :L3000:
But if I change, I will get better dimensions and soundstage.
For me EVO doesn't seem boring. Many IEM in the store, I didn't choose because it was boring to me.
I'm waiting to test some of the IEMs that is not boring . :relieved:

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #35,546 of 40,730
Hello guys. After almost 4 months with my Legend EVO I can say that I am completely in love with these earphones. What motivated me to write a new feedback is that I bought Fir Audio Xenon 6 and I noticed right away that the new Fir flagship model is so much better than the Legend EVO in almost everything. Better, more detailed bass, more open and airy presentation, sound resolution is on a completely different level, treble is something you can not compare with Legend EVO as well, honestly there was an incredible difference in sound quality for my ears. At first I was a little disappointed, I did not understand why there was that difference in sound quality, if price difference is not so big between these two models. And you know what? I did not give up! I felt that something had to be done, before I would decide to sell my Legend EVO. It became difficult to enjoy EVO after Xenon6, I felt that the sound was dark, muddy, and these earphones did not touch my heart anymore. I decided to order a new cable for the Legend EVO, I first wanted to order a PW Audio 1950 and I thought, hm, it might be wise to try a silver cable, and then my eyes fell on Effect Audio, I had no plans to waste many thousands for a flagship cable if it does not give good enough result and I ordered EA Cleopatra silver cable for 800 $. I did not expect much from it. but once the cable arrived to me, I tried the new cable with Xenon6 and the result was disappointing, I hardly heard any difference from the PW Audio original cable from Legend EVO. BUT!!! then I tried the Cleopatra + Legend EVO combination and I was shocked, I was completely confused by what I heard, Legend EVO was crystal clear, with a slight accent on treble, bass was a bit drier but incredibly better technically, goes deeper, beats harder, details and resolution almost reached the Xenon 6 level, the difference in sound I experienced for $ 800 is really a bargin purchase. I highly recommend trying silver cable with the Legend Evo and you get a completely different experience of these earphones! Sorry for a long read, but it must have been written, have a nice weekend everyone:wink:

Attachments

• 20220423_110111.jpg
    20220423_110111.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220420_111859.jpg
    20220420_111859.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220420_121403.jpg
    20220420_121403.jpg
    609.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220420_105626.jpg
    20220420_105626.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #35,547 of 40,730
Hello guys. After almost 4 months with my Legend EVO I can say that I am completely in love with these earphones. What motivated me to write a new feedback is that I bought Fir Audio Xenon 6 and I noticed right away that the new Fir flagship model is so much better than the Legend EVO in almost everything. Better, more detailed bass, more open and airy presentation, sound resolution is on a completely different level, treble is something you can not compare with Legend EVO as well, honestly there was an incredible difference in sound quality for my ears. At first I was a little disappointed, I did not understand why there was that difference in sound quality, if price difference is not so big between these two models. And you know what? I did not give up! I felt that something had to be done, before I would decide to sell my Legend EVO. It became difficult to enjoy EVO after Xenon6, I felt that the sound was dark, muddy, and these earphones did not touch my heart anymore. I decided to order a new cable for the Legend EVO, I first wanted to order a PW Audio 1950 and I thought, hm, it might be wise to try a silver cable, and then my eyes fell on Effect Audio, I had no plans to waste many thousands for a flagship cable if it does not give good enough result and I ordered EA Cleopatra silver cable for 800 $. I did not expect much from it. but once the cable arrived to me, I tried the new cable with Xenon6 and the result was disappointing, I hardly heard any difference from the PW Audio original cable from Legend EVO. BUT!!! then I tried the Cleopatra + Legend EVO combination and I was shocked, I was completely confused by what I heard, Legend EVO was crystal clear, with a slight accent on treble, bass was a bit drier but incredibly better technically, goes deeper, beats harder, details and resolution almost reached the Xenon 6 level, the difference in sound I experienced for $ 800 is really a bargin purchase. I highly recommend trying silver cable with the Legend Evo and you get a completely different experience of these earphones! Sorry for a long read, but it must have been written, have a nice weekend everyone:wink:
You have become a true ‘cable believer’! Congratulations on finding that perfect synergy! I have made a similar move for the EE LX, and am awaiting the arrival of Eletech Socrates, that is available nowhere on tbe planet just now ((except possibly the used market), until logistics for the Pentaconn factory that has been shutdown in Shanghai begin to move again. (Eletech sources their connectors from that factory.) I hope to have a similar experience to yours, many reviewers have raved about that cable The waiting is hard, but not as hard as life has been generally for the Shanghainese. May the surge there end soon!

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #35,548 of 40,730
In the first DEMO test [15 seconds per song] 3 songs , the sound was very strange, the male and female vocals were terrible and many more.
....My conclusion (guess) is about "bad quality cable" probably from the first period defect product. (I told the store)
I tried changing the cables , until found a cable that draws out almost all the potential of EVO. Cross Lambda Apollo GB ($5,xxx).:sweat_smile:

When I got the EVO , it was as I guess. It's awesome , cable not has defect , no need to change anything or spend money to buy a cable right now. :L3000:
For me EVO doesn't seem boring. Many IEM in the store, I didn't choose because it was boring to me.
277940800_730583897969979_3200713231682117464_n.jpg
Congrats on the EVO! :)

Mate, even my Full Size Headphones would be surprised with the thickness of those cables. :p

I hope they are comfortable for IEM use and the sound justify all of that.

Apr 23, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #35,549 of 40,730

277940800_730583897969979_3200713231682117464_n.jpg
Wow, what a nice snake! :D

Apr 23, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #35,550 of 40,730
Congrats on the EVO! :)

Mate, even my Full Size Headphones would be surprised with the thickness of those cables. :p

I hope they are comfortable for IEM use and the sound justify all of that.
Agree! :D

Attachments

• 20211023_175420.jpg
    20211023_175420.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back