Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Apr 19, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #35,521 of 40,730
definitely happening also on EVO. for the first 50 hours or so I would have described the EVO as a wrongly tuned subwoofer with a small 2" fullrange on top :scream:
not really the case now, basses are much tighter and faster, and the overall balance is much much much better... at least to my ears :relaxed:
I got I think over 300h on my EVO

Apr 19, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #35,522 of 40,730
definitely happening also on EVO. for the first 50 hours or so I would have described the EVO as a wrongly tuned subwoofer with a small 2" fullrange on top :scream:
not really the case now, basses are much tighter and faster, and the overall balance is much much much better... at least to my ears :relaxed:
I got I think over 300h on my EVO
But still bass is too much? Other suggestions
A) source matters- I have found better bass control on Hiby R8 using Turbo, and (via LINE OUT) via C9 which suggests that more powerful sources help.
B) Tips- I’ve found that silicone tips work better to ‘tame the beast’ with the LX. @twister6 recommends going a smaller size tip than you’d otherwise use, but that was for the LX - I think with the Evo BC driver this may not be as good an option.
C) Cables - (if you are a cable believer) I have an Eletech Socrates on the way that is supposed to elevate the mids and create a more balanced FR signature, but you might consider a silver cable like the Plato or the EA Horus (if you are in the US, check EBay). I’m also considering one of the many Plusssound cable types, lots of choices there.
Best of luck! If you decide to sell it, consider the LX while you can still find one!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #35,523 of 40,730
thanks for all the suggestions! to be clear: I like my EVO, I will not sell it (and least in the foreseeable future)
my previous comment was just about something good potentially be even better :relaxed:
my source is a iBasso DX300, tips are Azla Sedna Light Short, current cable is an spc+graphene 8 core but my 12 core pure silver cable is already on its way to my home :relaxed:

Apr 20, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #35,524 of 40,730
thanks for all the suggestions! to be clear: I like my EVO, I will not sell it (and least in the foreseeable future)
my previous comment was just about something good potentially be even better :relaxed:
my source is a iBasso DX300, tips are Azla Sedna Light Short, current cable is an spc+graphene 8 core but my 12 core pure silver cable is already on its way to my home :relaxed:

Hmmm, might you be selling your spc+grapheme cable?

Apr 20, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #35,526 of 40,730
Apr 20, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #35,527 of 40,730
Just ordered some custom LX's with the continuum face plates :)

Bought a macro lens just so I can take some pretty photos once they get here. BTW you can purchase a rush service so it's not an 8 week wait. I think I'll have something to share here soon

Just landed.
DSC_4094.jpg

DSC_4085.jpg

Apr 21, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #35,528 of 40,730
Best EVO combo I’ve found, N8ii P+ tube, PW First Times, amazing controlled textured bass and great vocals.

Apr 21, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #35,530 of 40,730
How is the comfort of the FT cable? Especially around the ears.
The FT cable took some getting used to, it’s not a light cable. Playing with the memory cover part that goes around your ears until it conforms better to your ear shape made the FT comfortable. But out of the box the memory silicone cover was stiff and not well shaped for my ears, so created some weight on the back of my ears. Now they hook uniformly around and are comfortable. Will say this took 3 listening sessions to get right.

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #35,534 of 40,730
For everyone who owns the EE Odins, what's your favorite cable? I am currently using the EA Leo ii Octa. Curious what others are using to bring out their Odins

The effect of cables on the ODIN are dependent on various factors including source, ear tips and personal tonality preference. So ones' "favourite cable" can be one which enhances the ODIN bass even more whereas someone elses might be a cable which brings back the treble forwardness. I tested quite a few cables on the ODIN and one of my favourite ones was the "Satin Audio: Perseus" cable. I wrote a review about it here: https://audioessence.ch/en/blogs/news/josh-der-kabel-guru-satin-audio-perseus-preview

I also compared the cable's impact on other EE IEMs such as the EVO and Valkyrie MK II. Note, this is just what I experienced. My source was the Cayin N6ii Ti and tips varied between final E and Spinfits CP155 in order for me to achieve the sound I heard. Enjoy!

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #35,535 of 40,730
The effect of cables on the ODIN are dependent on various factors including source, ear tips and personal tonality preference. So ones' "favourite cable" can be one which enhances the ODIN bass even more whereas someone elses might be a cable which brings back the treble forwardness. I tested quite a few cables on the ODIN and one of my favourite ones was the "Satin Audio: Perseus" cable. I wrote a review about it here: https://audioessence.ch/en/blogs/news/josh-der-kabel-guru-satin-audio-perseus-preview

I also compared the cable's impact on other EE IEMs such as the EVO and Valkyrie MK II. Note, this is just what I experienced. My source was the Cayin N6ii Ti and tips varied between final E and Spinfits CP155 in order for me to achieve the sound I heard. Enjoy!
And with the Perseus cable were you trying to achieve more bass with it or less treble forwardness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back